Koodo Community

Returning a phone to webstore

• 24 August 2020
  • 4 replies

I am returning my phone to the webstore as I was not pleased with the phone. I would like to purchase a different phone.

The webstore said it was going to take 15 to 20 days due to covid. Am I able to order a new phone in the meantime? I cant go 20 days without a phone.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately not. The only downside there is that you have to wait for the return to process for the tab balance to be reversed back to $0.

You can try checking with the webstore as others have had some success with getting another phone but it requires paying off the tab balance, having a messy bill for a couppe months, and then eventually getting that tab balance credited back to you once the return goes through.

If you want to go that route just double check the webstore before you do it to make sure its alright for you to do on their end.

This was true up until the most recent tab update. What the customer can do now is go into a store and get the rep to push the tab to the next bill, and when the web store return gets processed, the system will automatically credit the tab payoff on the customers account. This way, the customer can start the return process by shipping the phone back to archway, and they can go into store and upgrade without having to wait for the web store return to process. Web store Channel reps will leave notes on the customers account to back this up.

Thats what I said i believe...they have to pay off the tab balance, since they said the webstore return would take 15-20 days theyre likely gonna have a bill with their tab balance and then get the credit on the bill after (which I would consider as a couple messy bills), and in doing all of this could get a new phone.

Guess I shouldn't have said "unfortunately not" but rather "unfortunately not super smoothly" as I wouldnt consider paying a few hundred dollars and waiting around for a refund as super smooth but I also understand on koodo's side that they need to do their thing!

Userlevel 2

Unfortunately not. The only downside there is that you have to wait for the return to process for the tab balance to be reversed back to $0.

You can try checking with the webstore as others have had some success with getting another phone but it requires paying off the tab balance, having a messy bill for a couppe months, and then eventually getting that tab balance credited back to you once the return goes through.

If you want to go that route just double check the webstore before you do it to make sure its alright for you to do on their end.

This was true up until the most recent tab update. What the customer can do now is go into a store and get the rep to push the tab to the next bill, and when the web store return gets processed, the system will automatically credit the tab payoff on the customers account. This way, the customer can start the return process by shipping the phone back to archway, and they can go into store and upgrade without having to wait for the web store return to process. Web store Channel reps will leave notes on the customers account to back this up.

Thanks for the feedback Allan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4