Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Repeated text messages from Koodo over night

Hi, I have received 12 messages about my upcoming bill. It's a bit irritating that it went over night. I don't really need 4 AM text messages that I've already received at 8 PM, 10 PM, 12 AM, 4 AM ...

Is there any way I can stop these from coming over night or as a second option to permanently deactivate any text communication from Koodo.

Do I really need to switch carriers?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It is likely a glitch that as many were sent. You can choose your method of notification in self-serve. Possibly an email notification would be less intrusive.
David wrote:

It is likely a glitch that as many were sent. You can choose your method of notification in self-...

Thanks David, I switched to an email notification. Cheers!
Userlevel 6
you seriously want to switch because of a glitch that accidently sent you multiple text messages at night? You could just turn your ringer off at night, and then delete the messages in the morning.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

you seriously want to switch because of a glitch that accidently sent you multiple text messages ...

Permanently blocking messages from Koodo would probably end up with even more howling after service was cut off "without notice".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

you seriously want to switch because of a glitch that accidently sent you multiple text messages ...

Not to mention that glitches aren't exclusive to a particular carrier.
Userlevel 3
Jru Gordon wrote:

Could Memory be full? My previous phone a Galaxy Ace's memory was full due to 3 years of Google App updates & consequently I could not recieve messages & Koodo would continue to send them for several hrs each month. Finally had no alternative but to replace the phone with a newer one with lots of memory..
Jru Gordon wrote:

That's called having an option. And NO, I'm not turning the ringer off as I work in the industry where I can get call or text overnight. So I don't feel that Koodo's texts are all that important. Not to mention that this wasn't the only time this happened.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

Josip, iphone has a 'do-not-disturb' feature. Pls open the message from Koodo and click on the 'i' in a circle on the topr right corner of the screen. Turn of the feature. It will stop making your phone vibrate for only that number. 
Jru Gordon wrote:

Thanks, Bernard. I've switched to an email notifications anyways.
I am having the same problem. Trying to get a hold of koodo,waited an hour for a callback and have now been on hold for 30 mins. Frustrating when I am at work and don't have e time to deal with this. It's been 15 texts since 2am. I am lucky since I just bought my phone outright and my contract is almost up. Hopefully they can figure it out.
Userlevel 6
Alot of good suggestions here. Put your phone ringer on silent if you don't want to hear any middle of the night texts or switch it to email notification instead.  Are you sure they're all about your bill? I noticed that when I had my phone off for a few days attending a conference, it filled up my phone screen like crazy when I turned it back on.  The thing here is they can only attempt so many times to send you text messages when your phone is off. The saying 'you snooze you lose' literally applies here.   No one has network capacity to store messages and then send them when you turn your phone back on. Or get pre-paid, no bill reminders there!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cameron Jones wrote:

Alot of good suggestions here. Put your phone ringer on silent if you don't want to hear any midd...

To the contrary on prepaid... even if you have automatic payments set up, you get reminders @ 4:48 am that your baseplan will expire, another that it will renew at 11:02 am, and the last one that it's been renewed at 10:04 am the next day.

I still have 3 month's worth on my phone and they never vary by more than ± 2 minutes. At least the wording was changed a while ago... that first one warning about expiry used to read like something written by a collection agency with a hangover. It's now much friendlier.

The big companies like telcos and banks like to send out statement notifications overnight when traffic is lighter and probably so that they are first on your list when you check the phone first thing.

Don't know how long undelivered text messages are held but with many telcos after 72 hours, they are deleted from the send queue.

That having been said, there have been several complaints on this board and the French side of people suddenly not receving any texts at all, so perhaps there has been a glitch with SMS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cameron Jones wrote:

Alot of good suggestions here. Put your phone ringer on silent if you don't want to hear any midd...

That's why I love Do Not Disturb on my phone. Family are in my VIP list and get through - others have to call twice in short order. Texts, messages, emails do not interrupt my sleep. The phone spends most nights on the hall table, anyway!

Userlevel 3
Cameron Jones wrote:

Sounds Like a great feature David. What phone do you have? Searched for  "do not disturb" on my G5Neo & got nada.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cameron Jones wrote:

@stillgolfing
   A quick web search on the phone name: 'Samsung G5 Neo Do Not Disturb' provides a number of resources on the use of this feature.
Userlevel 3
Cameron Jones wrote:

Thanks Dave. Brain Fart. Thought I would find a Phone feature by searching on the phone, Didn't think to consult "God" and then work backwards. Who new! :))
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cameron Jones wrote:

On both my iPhone & Samsung the option is in the settings windows. On the G5 Neo, it appears they hid it!  I'm glad you found an answer by consulting the Oracle.