Koodo Community
Question

Repairs for TCL 20 PRO 5G GREY

so i dropped my phone and cracked the screen, which means the manufactures  warranty is out, it doesn’t seem like the Mobile klinik has the parts to fix a TCL 20 PRO 5G GREY, if i find a koodo store how much money will it cost to fix? i have an old phone so i don’t care if i have to send it away.. i just want to know how expensive its going to be so i can plan and work around my budget. I am very frustrated and this entire experience is making me consider leaving koodo altogether. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You'd have to see a kiosk to get a quote on TCL repairing it.
Alternatively you could contact TCL dirextly to find out what they would charge to replace a cracked screen. Is the digitizer and actual panel broken as well or does it seem just the glass?

from what it looks like the glass is broken, but the touch screen doesn’t work now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Here is the contact info for SBE, TCL's authorized repair center. 1-647-794-3835 or 1-844-721-6171
(toll-free)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

so i dropped my phone and cracked the screen, which means the manufactures  warranty is out, it doesn’t seem like the Mobile klinik has the parts to fix a TCL 20 PRO 5G GREY, if i find a koodo store how much money will it cost to fix? i have an old phone so i don’t care if i have to send it away.. i just want to know how expensive its going to be so i can plan and work around my budget. I am very frustrated and this entire experience is making me consider leaving koodo altogether. 

Alternatively, you can reach out to your local phone repair shop to see if they can give you a cheaper quote. I am not sure where you are located, but it may be possible they can get you a replacement screen without having to spend as much money as through an Authorized Service Provider. Since you are already not eligible for the warranty, this is an option worth considering.