Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Removing the second phone from my account

Hello! I have two phones on my account currently and am looking to remove the second phone. I'm just wondering what the process is, and if it costs anything extra, etc.? Your help is appreciated! Amanda PS, Koodo rocks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You just have to call in to Koodo (*611 on your koodo cell) to cancel your second number. You will be charged for any outstanding tab on that line when you cancel it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It costs nothing extra to close an account but you will have to pay any balance owing for service up until the date you cancel as well as any tab amount still owing if you used the tab to purchase your phone on that line. To cancel you have to call customer service.
I should have explained this. I don't really want to cancel the second phone, the person who uses the second phone simply wants it moved onto their own bill. Is this possible or will they have to cancel the phone and get it reconnected on their own bill?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Amanda Branton wrote:

I should have explained this. I don't really want to cancel the second phone, the person who uses...

Hi Amanda,

All the person who wants to use the phone with their own plan needs to do is insert their SIM card in that phone...  though the paying off of the Tab will still have to be done on the original account (yours) 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have to complete a transfer of ownership for that. It costs $25 and you can do it over the phone or at the Kiosk. They will need ID and will complete a quick credit check for the new owner
Thanks! That's perfect! All I needed to know. Thanks for all the help!