Koodo Community

Community

Remove the long distance prompt

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello.

It would be nice to have the possibility to remove the message saying that the call is going to be a long distance. Almost all the plans are canada-wide. We do we still need this option?

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Exactly, almost. There's still plans out there that people have that don't have Canada-wide calling. I would like this idea if all Koodo customers were on Canada-wide plans Also, if the system can't separate prepaid with postpaid calling, then this won't happen as prepaid still need the notification due to certain base plans
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ah I forgot about pre-paid... There's 2 solutions

1) Give them Canada-wide
2) Give the option on self-serve to remove this alert message

No.1 is a suggestion that I don't think will make it, but I'm looking forward to the 2nd one. If possible...

EDIT : Isn't there an option on the phone to always dial 1 before calling?
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

1) Give them Canada-wide
2) Give the option on...

prepaid has been moved to canada-wide already 😛
Userlevel 3
Robert wrote:

1) Give them Canada-wide
2) Give the option on...

for all plans Mitchell?
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

1) Give them Canada-wide
2) Give the option on...

The only plan that does not have canada wide minutes is the unlimited evenings and weekends of the 25$ plan. 

15$ does not include minutes
35$ & 50$ plans are canada-wide
Any minutes added through booster add-ons are also canada-wide
Userlevel 4
Robert wrote:

1) Give them Canada-wide
2) Give the option on...

yes.  If you dial 1 before your number, or add 1 to the number in question (or all your numbers) in your contacts, you'll skip this prompt
Userlevel 5
I have an older plan, so I see why they would do it - but shouldn't do it when I'm calling my wife, on same plan, as it's a free unlimited call, even though I only have a 250min plan. I really like the suggestion, to be able to turn it off.
Add +1 in front of the number you're calling, and you won't hear the prompt.
Problem solved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How's it going wrote:

Problem solved.

Yeah. I know about that, but don't want to go through all my contact and add +1 to each one of them.
Userlevel 5
How's it going wrote:

Problem solved.

Unfortunately at my age, my contacts list has deminished somewhat over the years, through attrition of people, who no longer require cells phones, for the places they have moved forward too 🙂 Your IDEA is still a good one and had you not posted it and I had not read it, my lap of luxury would still be mared by that never ending, long distance voice of perpetual repetitive nag.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How's it going wrote:

Problem solved.

Haha. Happy I helped you save 3 seconds of your life overtime you make a call!
Userlevel 5
I don't know if the prompt is a Koodo thing. I thought it was more of a phone systems thing. Plus it would likely take some work to have the system be able to quickly determine that it is long distance that is included in your plan since the US also has the same long distance prefix.
Userlevel 5
I added the one to my wife's number and the long distance recording did not activate. I then did the same with all my other contacts, same results. Thanks for the fix, "How's it going"
Userlevel 2
That would be nice but to go with it the prepaid plan termination needs to be removed. I was originally on the $35 free incoming, free weekend/evening and free text. Then I happened to see it had been changed to Canada wide on the self serve for the $35. So I clicked on it and lost 2 weeks on my plan and was charged the $35 again. So it should be automatic or else allow the customer to switch without the double charge. Just saying
Userlevel 3
On Koodo it says "Long Distance Charges May Apply" while on Virgin it says "Long Distance Charges WILL Apply" when you don't press the 1 first
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
NEWS UPDATE : http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/12/15/rogers-long-distance/

Rogers has been sending out text messages to select customers informing them they will no longer hear a pre-recorded message before dialling a long-distance number without a “1” in front of it.

Userlevel 5
Congrats . Certainly validates the merits of your idea.

Now that Rogers is doing it, maybe Koodo will follow. Or maybe Koodo won't follow, to prove they are not followers. Or maybe they use it as a marketing tool, to demonstrate how they stand out, from other companies. Who knows.

In other news, Telus stocks took a hit on news of competition heating up between the telcos.
Userlevel 4
I like this idea.  I know I can dial 1.  I'd rather just get a warning if I'm accidentally dialling a real long-distance number, like to the USA.