Koodo Community
Solved

Refurbished Pixel 3XL locked in demo mode

• 27 April 2020
  • 6 replies

I bought a refurbished Google Pixel 3XL and it got to me stuck in demo mode. There was nothing in the box about how to unlock it. In the settings screen, you can do a factory reset but it requires the demo password. Does anyone know what it is or how I should proceed? Of course I could try to talk to someone at Koodo but that’s insanely impossible. 

Thanks!

Jake

icon

Best answer by Dinh 28 April 2020, 00:46

The demo mode was designed to deter theft. I wondered what happened to the phone. You would need the password to get out of the demo mode. Have you try to search in Google forum? they might be able to give some idea of how to reset.

Anyway, I think you need to contact them and ask them what to do next. You could contact Koodo by chat with a rep via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or setup a callback www.koodo.com/chat (they are still open)

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The demo mode was designed to deter theft. I wondered what happened to the phone. You would need the password to get out of the demo mode. Have you try to search in Google forum? they might be able to give some idea of how to reset.

Anyway, I think you need to contact them and ask them what to do next. You could contact Koodo by chat with a rep via facebook messaging https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or setup a callback www.koodo.com/chat (they are still open)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It could also be returned, and another one ordered.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll reach out to someone but it’s a pain for sure. 

I found a Youtube video on how to do it using system diagnostics. However, it should not be my responsibility to do that. Koodo messed up on shipping this to me. 

This literally just happened to me with the exact same type of phone! 

I've contacted Koodo multiple times, one of which they said they would send a new refurbished 3XL to me and didn't tell me they didn't have any to send, so I just sat around waiting by the mail box until today when I called again. Waiting to hear back about options tomorrow now!

Could you update with what happened/how did it turn out? Thank you!! 

This literally just happened to me with the exact same type of phone! 

I've contacted Koodo multiple times, one of which they said they would send a new refurbished 3XL to me and didn't tell me they didn't have any to send, so I just sat around waiting by the mail box until today when I called again. Waiting to hear back about options tomorrow now!

Could you update with what happened/how did it turn out? Thank you!! 

Hey, sorry that you have the same problem. Honestly, don't even try calling. Your best bet for a reliable answer to anything is to contact them on Facebook messenger from the Facebook page. 

But that's not how I resolved it. I googled how to do a factory reset and did it that way. I went through the developer menu to wipe the phone and finally got it to reset then set up from scratch. Ridiculous though that I even needed to do that since that's not the kind of deliver of a new phone anyone should be expecting. 

Amazing! That's what I did as well the night I sent this message. Some random guy on YouTube had a vid of it, and it worked! I didn't think a reset would work since this is something I had tried while on the phone with them, but the tech didn't know the extra buttons to be pushed to bypass the broken android screen. Works like a dream now! Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it! :)