Koodo Community

Refurbished Phone insanity

• 23 December 2021
  • 19 replies

Got my son a refurbished iPhone XR and a Koodo plan in September. 2 days ago the screen went black, but the phone is still clearly working (vibrates when plugged in, if you press on the right spot the flashlight turns on). It wasn’t damaged by us. Went to Apple to have it repaired. Can’t because it’s refurbished and the info on it doesn’t show it’s under warranty. Call Koodo (well call and get hung up on and receive a text to “chat” with a bot) - person calls and says take it in to a Telus store. Take it into the Telus store (it’s the week of Christmas so is insane). They say call Koodo. Call Koodo and get the bot runaround. Get a callback, they say go to the Telus store. Go to a DIFFERENT Telus store. They can’t help because they can’t print a shipping label without a diagnosis, and their computer can’t diagnose it because the screen isn’t working. They say call Koodo. I leave the Telus store in tears because WTAF?

This topic has been closed for comments

19 replies

Call Koodo (for the third time) am told to GO TO A TELUS STORE.

Badge +4

Thank you for moving your post. Let me get a rep to look into this for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I see that you're in Langley based off your community profile.

Which location did you go to? Did it happen to be the corporate store in the Willowbrook Shopping Center?

Yup, Willowbrook and then the Tom Harris Telus store in Cloverdale

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yup, Willowbrook and then the Tom Harris Telus store in Cloverdale

Visit the Willowbrook store again, make sure you let them know that it is a pre-owned device and that the proper process to get it repaired is to bring it there.

You can show them the koodo website showing this information here: (https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/warranty-and-repair-policy).

If they need some help (since it is an uncommon thing) you can let them know that they will submit it like any normal repair but they will need to enter a dummy phone number into the system in order for it to be able to process. (For example they can enter in 999-999-9999). They can find this info in their internal documents or they can call into their customer service line to get the process explained to them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello! It looks like a request was field for one of our colleagues from the support team to give you a call in regards to this within the next 24 to 72 business hours. Please keep us posted if you need more help once you speak with or if we can assist with anything else in the meantime.

Visit the Willowbrook store again, make sure you let them know that it is a pre-owned device and that the proper process to get it repaired is to bring it there.

You can show them the koodo website showing this information here: (https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/warranty-and-repair-policy).

If they need some help (since it is an uncommon thing) you can let them know that they will submit it like any normal repair but they will need to enter a dummy phone number into the system in order for it to be able to process. (For example they can enter in 999-999-9999). They can find this info in their internal documents or they can call into their customer service line to get the process explained to them.

Oh they knew it was refurbished and under warranty. They couldn’t submit the repair because the screen doesn’t work, which means they can’t do the device diagnosis on their computer system. This happened at both places I went, and apparently Koodo/Telus doesn’t have the ability to troubleshoot and figure a way around that. Pretty lame. I have spent close to 10 hours already trying to deal with this, and I’m not going into another store this close to Christmas. Both stores called customer service and they were unable to get anything solved through normal channels. Both told me to call Koodo. The fact I have had to expend so much mental energy trying to get any help is unacceptable.  

Hello! It looks like a request was field for one of our colleagues from the support team to give you a call in regards to this within the next 24 to 72 business hours. Please keep us posted if you need more help once you speak with or if we can assist with anything else in the meantime.

Yah, that’s great. So great. I mean, after going into the store twice and calling 3 times, you’d think there would be a solution. So far all I get is “someone else will deal with this”. This is customer service at its worst. Besides the unfortunate decision to switch to Koodo, I’ve done absolutely nothing wrong here, and yet all the people I have spoken to or dealt with have passed the buck and treated me like I’ve done something wrong. It shouldn’t require this much energy and this many tears for someone to act like they give a crap. My phone is under warranty. It doesn’t work. End of story. Give me a new phone and sort out the corporate crap of how it will get fixed on someone else’s dime. I’m now paying for service and a phone that I can’t use. And I’ve put in over 10 hours of my own time trying to deal with this fustercluck. 

Badge +4

I’m sorry to hear this. I’ve flagged a rep.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Yah, that’s great. So great. I mean, after going into the store twice and calling 3 times, you’d think there would be a solution. So far all I get is “someone else will deal with this”. This is customer service at its worst. Besides the unfortunate decision to switch to Koodo, I’ve done absolutely nothing wrong here, and yet all the people I have spoken to or dealt with have passed the buck and treated me like I’ve done something wrong. It shouldn’t require this much energy and this many tears for someone to act like they give a crap. My phone is under warranty. It doesn’t work. End of story. Give me a new phone and sort out the corporate crap of how it will get fixed on someone else’s dime. I’m now paying for service and a phone that I can’t use. And I’ve put in over 10 hours of my own time trying to deal with this fustercluck. 

We understand where you’re coming from, given the circumstances of what happened having looked into it. However, at the moment, while we want to help as much as possible, the best course of action is for you to first receive the call from our support team, in order for them to come to a resolution and then see if there’ll be anything left to be done to assist from our end. We will make sure to have your feedback regarding the whole experience submitted and looked into.

We understand where you’re coming from, given the circumstances of what happened having looked into it. However, at the moment, while we want to help as much as possible, the best course of action is for you to first receive the call from our support team, in order for them to come to a resolution and then see if there’ll be anything left to be done to assist from our end. We will make sure to have your feedback regarding the whole experience submitted and looked into.

This phone belongs to my 15 year old son who is currently experiencing severe mental health issues, and his phone right now is his lifeline to friends and one of his coping strategies to prevent him from killing himself. So asking me to wait to find out if you will even fix it is placing a severe mental strain on myself and my son. He’s convinced no one will fix it because he’s done something wrong (he hasn’t). Even if someone does phone me back in the next day, I won’t even be able to bring it in to be fixed until after Christmas, and this will be at LEAST a week to fix (probably longer?). So this coping mechanism is now gone for at least a few more weeks. So I’m now looking at having to purchase a new phone for him, even though we have a very expensive paperweight iPhone (that I am still paying for, and paying for the cell service we aren’t receiving) that doesn’t work AND IT’S UNDER WARRANTY. I guess it’s also a flashlight too. (I don’t have extra money for a phone, but will do it for my son’s mental health). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Wnerd

I am following up on the CPO phone issue.

Have you received the call back from our support? 

Nope

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the reply, @Wnerd ! 

It looks like there was an attempt made today, we have sent you a private message to discuss this further.

So to continue with the crap customer service so far, NO ONE HAS CALLED ME. Someone called on Boxing Day and left a message, with no number to call and absolutely no follow up. No one cares. 

it’s not like I can call customer service and talk to someone. It’s the whole bot runaround on the website and then someone will maybe call back, but I won’t speak to anyone who can actually do anything. 

My god this customer service SUCKS. I want out of my contract. I never want to deal with this level of incompetency again.

Do you hear me? Or am I being ignored?!?!

@Julia Koodo @Flo Koodo 

Badge +4

So to continue with the crap customer service so far, NO ONE HAS CALLED ME. Someone called on Boxing Day and left a message, with no number to call and absolutely no follow up. No one cares. 

it’s not like I can call customer service and talk to someone. It’s the whole bot runaround on the website and then someone will maybe call back, but I won’t speak to anyone who can actually do anything. 

My god this customer service SUCKS. I want out of my contract. I never want to deal with this level of incompetency again.

Do you hear me? Or am I being ignored?!?!

@Julia Koodo @Flo Koodo 

I’m not sure why this happened. I’ve flagged a rep to investigate.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Wnerd

Apologies for your ongoing issue. We have contacted the specialty department, and your issue has been placed on high urgency, you should receive a callback to the number you provided by EOD or Tomorrow. Hope this helps. 

Well, it’s now past “EOD” of “tomorrow” (it’s 6:30pm on the second day and no call, and I’m going to put the phone away so I can spend time with my son, who is still so stressed about this phone situation that he’s feeling suicidal). I can’t say I’m shocked.  I’m continually underwhelmed by this company. 

Badge +4

Well, it’s now past “EOD” of “tomorrow” (it’s 6:30pm on the second day and no call, and I’m going to put the phone away so I can spend time with my son, who is still so stressed about this phone situation that he’s feeling suicidal). I can’t say I’m shocked.  I’m continually underwhelmed by this company. 

Perhaps @Attila Koodo can shed some light on this. In the meantime, I’ve flagged a rep.