Koodo Community

Referral online as well as at the kiosk?

• 8 April 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
I wondered if it would be feasible for Koodo to offer referral benefits for those made at a Kiosk. I think it would be much more likely for someone to buy a phone and plan at a kiosk with someone that knows the products and plans well. From what i understand, the referral plan is only available online. Does anyone else want to see these changes?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Like, there bonus would go to the person wokring at the Kiosk?
Userlevel 7
You only have to generate the referral code online. However, when you activate in-store you just give the rep the referral code and they can process it. Also you don't even have to do the referral in-store. You can activate your phone and then enter the referral code here after you activate the phone: http://koodoreferral.com/referralcode.aspx Remember, the referral code MUST be generated BEFORE the phone is activated.
Userlevel 5
As of right now, the koodoreferral.com does not work in store, it is blocked. They are working on getting that website unblocked. It worked before but the proxy server they use decided to block it and they are working for it to work. BUT you can ask the rep to use a demo phone to help you out with the referral. It is quick and easy.
As of right now, the koodoreferral.com does not work in store, it is blocked. They are working on...Sorry Erwin I don't follow. What's blocked?
Userlevel 5
As of right now, the koodoreferral.com does not work in store, it is blocked. They are working on...The koodoreferral website on koodos computer, they are working on getting it unblocked right now.
Userlevel 5
As of right now, the koodoreferral.com does not work in store, it is blocked. They are working on...I didn't know that reps don't get commission if the customer was referred
Nice idea but....do you really want the shop rep selling you your phone to not only get commission because of your purchase, but a referral credit as well? I personally wouldn't, sales breed bad behaviors. Sales reps will be climbing all over the walls to activate phones if they get those kinds of incentives. Besides, the refer a friend program is not available to Koodo shop reps...they are not eligible. Just in case you don't believe me, check the rules: http://koodoreferral.com/terms.aspx (it's the last line)
Userlevel 1
Well, referals in person would have certainly worked. I got refered, but I got refused on a technicality 😞 I like this idea, you go to the kiosk with your friend and you get the referal on the spot.
I agree that it should be able to be done for you at the kiosk. they told us we had to do it online then proceeded to activate the referred phone. We therefore lost out on the referral when we went back to do it on line and the new phone was already activated.