Koodo Community

Referral Credits - Perhaps a post-sign up option?

Userlevel 4
There should be a way to get referral points after one signs up. I don't know about you, but haven't you had those friends you've been telling about your awesome service with Koodo, and then they sign up, before you give them a referral code, even though it's because you know they signed up because you told them about Koodo? Even if it's not as much of a tab credit, something would be beneficial. I have invited 2 friends to join Koodo in the past year but even though I told them about Koodo, they signed up before I knew they were, so I couldn't give them a referral code. Maybe something like this could be implemented? Comments?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Just curious why wouldn;t you send them the code when you talk to them? That way you ensure you get the reward for it. It is just an email. They should actually have it built in to their koodo app to make even easier.
Userlevel 4
Because both circumstances for me was "oh, I'm just browsing" and there was no set time frame. Sure enough, 3 months later (approximate for both) they both signed up for Koodo. I can give them a reference code ahead of time that early, to be honest with yourself, if you get an email with a referral code, are you really going to hang onto it for 3 months? 😉 I'd probably forget where it is. The one guy who I referred even forgot he could get a referral code, and when I reminded him, he responded, "oops...".
Userlevel 5
Because both circumstances for me was "oh, I'm just browsing" and there was no set time frame. Su...That for-sure sucks but it is your responsibility to send out the referral code before the customer/friend activates a new phone with Koodo. It's a bit of a "oh well" situation.
Userlevel 4
oh I know that.. but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this "oh well situation". That's why I'm bringing it forward as an idea. If it doesn't go anywhere, cue another oh well" 🙂
Userlevel 6
oh I know that.. but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this "oh well situation". That's why I...I think you make a valid point. I'm just not sure how they would make it happen. I'm going out on a futuristic limb here, but if there was a an unique electronic referral code (an app) associated with your number and at the time of your referral all you had to do is transfer that to the other persons phone, then whenever they activate you would have your code embedded in their activation and now they could associate the referrer with the referre. That would be awesome!
oh I know that.. but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this "oh well situation". That's why I...I think if they had a grace period of say 1 week to process a referral. In my situation we were twice in a couple days, and for 2 separate activiations, told by the Kiosk people (at Best Buy) that we had to do it online. They did not explain that proceeding with the activation at that time would nullify the referral.
Userlevel 5
Hey Jordan, you have a very good point. Not everyone you speak to will directly sign up for Koodo. It takes time to make a decision and by then people may forget about it 🙂 We're going to look into this. It might be challenging to have a post sign up option, but let's look at ways we can make it easier for others refer beforehand.
Userlevel 4
it is so true! Thanks Sumaya!
I'm curious about the same topic. My wife just signed up based on my positive experience with Koodo. The folks at the kiosk gave us the referral paper and instructed us how to fill it out. All nice and good until the website tells us we don't qualify for the credit. Ouch.
Userlevel 3
Good idea. Perhaps one can submit credit request within one day after signing up to get it.