Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Receiving a text message when getting an email in Gmail.

Hello, I'm configuring my gmail account to send me a text message to my cell when I get an email from a certain sender. Gmail is asking me to enter the validation code, which I do not know where I'm supposed to get this. In the sender I put: myphonenumber@msg.koodomobile.com. Please, help.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Validation code have been sent to your phone via that email address you put in. Make sure data is on since email to text is usually sent via MMS
Thank you for your response, The Data on my cell is activated and I’m not getting any text from gmail on my cell. However I’m able to get a text message on my cell if I send an email (from gmail) to: myphonenumber@msg.koodomobile.com . So that gmail verifying thing is not working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ricleyle wrote:

Thank you for your response, The Data on my cell is activated and I’m not getting any text from...

I would call Koodo and see if their tech support can narrow down the problem
I did more testing, I'm able to receive the text message when configuring my cell phone number in my gmail profile, so that one works, but either gmail is not sending it to myphonenumber@msg.koodomobile.com or that email goes to limbo. so at this point I do not know who's not doing the job: gmail or koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ricleyle wrote:

I did more testing, I'm able to receive the text message when configuring my cell phone number in...

Or, the email sent from Google containing the verification code is too large to be contained in a SMS, and is discarded.
Any luck figuring this out ?