Koodo Community
Solved

Received email regarding offer for alcatel a30 tablet, but not available?

• 14 December 2018
  • 10 replies

I mean, it is entirely possible that the offer was only available for a few hours, however I received an email 5 hours ago about this offer, however when I click on the shop now button and sign in, it goes away. Why was I given the email if I am not eligible for the offer?
icon

Best answer by ProbablyGrumpy 15 December 2018, 23:10

Yeah I guess it doesn't matter anymore, I decided to switch to another provider.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Badge +4
Does it say in the email how to claim the offer? Did you receive a promo code in the email that you have to enter?
Sorry guess that doesn't work. The email didn't have any kind of code, just a "shop now" button that would bring me to a page where it'd have the tablet like you were shopping for a phone, then prompt you to log in, after logging in it goes away.
Does it say in the email how to claim the offer? Did you receive a promo code in the email that you have to enter?
Oh I'm not sure if I was supposed to quote you to trigger a reply or not.
Badge +4
What was the deal? This is what I see when clicking on add a new line or tablet.

Alcatel A30

Tab Small

• You'll pay $0 for your phone and put the rest ($168.00) on your Tab
  • Pay a $7 monthly Tab charge for 24 months, and then you'll only pay your monthly plan charge
  • Plans start from $15/month
  • Includes $12 in activation credits

Sweet deal!

This offer includes 1

• Up to $168 in bill credits over 24 months ($7off/month)
  • Applicable on Tab Small. Limited time offer.
Add to cart
Yeah that's supposed to be it.
Badge +4
Click on the link below. Then log in. After that click on activate a new line. The A30 should show up with that deal. If you click on get a new phone the A30 will show up but say not available.

https://www.koodomobile.com/tablets/alcatel-a30
It only makes me log into self serve. Doing the same steps that don't work aren't going to work. That's like saying here's a popped tire since you have a popped tire.

So my issue is it ONLY tells me to log into self serve, and once I log into my koodo account (The plan apparently requires an existing line to be eligible so apparently an account is needed), the whole page reverts to just phones. Honestly at this point I'm thinking of switching back to my old company.

Edit: TL;dr There is no "Activate a new line" option when logging in.
Badge +4
You have to log in through the alcatel-a30 link. After you log in there is 2 options. The top option is to get a new phone. The bottom option(add a new line to account) is to add a phone or tablet. Click on the bottom option. Yes sorry it says add and not activate.

If I click on the top option I see the same as you, that it shows as not available. Clicking on the bottom option let's me add it to my cart as in the pic above.
And that's what I'm not seeing. I only get one option.
Yeah I guess it doesn't matter anymore, I decided to switch to another provider.