Koodo Community
Solved

re my phone

• 10 December 2020
  • 17 replies

hello I have a couple of issues I was hoping somebody could help me with   1 my phone drops calls  frequently . 2 I get a recording come on while I am on a  call which in turn hangs up my call . I would appreciate any help on here I can not reach any body at Koodo .

icon

Best answer by rikkster 19 December 2020, 23:07

Are you in an area where your phone is getting a good cell signal? Check the signal strength indicator and number of bars. One bar is typically poor signal strength.

How often do calls get dropped?

The next step is to factory reset your phone. This is generally a last resort option when previous troubleshooting steps have not worked. Be sure to back up what you want to keep. This procedure will erase the contents of your phone. Samsung Smart Switch can save a copy of the contents of your phone, to your computer.

Samsung Smart Switch

To factory reset your phone, go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset.

If these problems persist after the factory reset, I would suggest having the phone sent in for warranty repair. 

Having trouble with your phone? | Koodo

NOTE: Use one of the ways listed below to contact Samsung first to help with troubleshooting (an agent might be able to help resolve your issue and prevent unnecessary repair):

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you mean by “I get a recording come on while I am on a  call which in turn hangs up my call”?

it like I made a call but I didn’t it comes on when I am talking to somebody else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does this happen every time you have a call?

it has happened a couple of times where it is  like another call from somebody else over rides my call that is the best way I can describe it,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

it has happened a couple of times where it is  like another call from somebody else over rides my call that is the best way I can describe it,

Are you a new customer? Did you recently port or change your number?

Sorry do not know what port means and did not change my number .

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry do not know what port means and did not change my number .

Porting your number means that you moved your number from one carrier to another carrier. Or from a koodo prepaid to a postpaid account.

Hello no I  have not changed carriers I am with Koodoo. it does not happen all the time that is the weird thing. Thank you for responding to me. Isabel

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello no I  have not changed carriers I am with Koodoo. it does not happen all the time that is the weird thing. Thank you for responding to me. Isabel

That is weird.  Usually if you hear another conversation on your call it means your lines are crossed.

Does this happen all the time?  WHen you receive calls, when you make calls?

Badge +4

Is this happening when you call a certain phone number? Or does this happen regardless of which phone number you call? When you hear the recording, what does it say?

Which phone do you have? 

Hello it does  not happen when I call somebody it happens when I am on a call with somebody. my phone is Samsung a 71 It asks me to leave a  message.

Badge +4

Try resetting your phones’ network settings. Go to Settings > General management - tap Reset network settings. Tap RESET SETTINGS, then tap RESET SETTINGS again, to confirm. You’ll see information displayed on-screen briefly explaining what the network reset will do.  

This procedure resets Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and mobile data. You’ll have to reconnect to Wi-Fi and reconnect paired Bluetooth devices, if applicable. This procedure will turn on mobile data automatically, be sure to turn off mobile data if not used. This does not erase any files or apps on your phone. 

Resetting your phones’ network settings is used when there are network connectivity issues, like dropped calls. This may also stop the recording you hear during a call.

Had to do a network reset all ready to fix something else. the recording is from something else.

Badge +4

Had to do a network reset all ready to fix something else. the recording is from something else.

How old is the SIM card in your phone?

Normally, SIM cards last for quite a few years, but they can fail or show signs of failing. Dropped calls are either signal-related, the phone is not receiving a strong enough signal - check the signal strength indicator. Or the SIM card is damaged in some way. Removing and re-inserting the SIM card may correct the issue. Power off your phone before removing the SIM card.

You can purchase a SIM card online, or in-store. An online order may take more time to get to you due to a large number of orders at this time of year.

Store Locator

hello the sim card is new got it with the phone in july have not taken it out or any thing like that

Badge +4

Are you in an area where your phone is getting a good cell signal? Check the signal strength indicator and number of bars. One bar is typically poor signal strength.

How often do calls get dropped?

The next step is to factory reset your phone. This is generally a last resort option when previous troubleshooting steps have not worked. Be sure to back up what you want to keep. This procedure will erase the contents of your phone. Samsung Smart Switch can save a copy of the contents of your phone, to your computer.

Samsung Smart Switch

To factory reset your phone, go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset.

If these problems persist after the factory reset, I would suggest having the phone sent in for warranty repair. 

Having trouble with your phone? | Koodo

NOTE: Use one of the ways listed below to contact Samsung first to help with troubleshooting (an agent might be able to help resolve your issue and prevent unnecessary repair):

hello it happened again today talking to somebody then my phone rang over the call I was on which in turn disconnected  my call it kept saying  leave   message then 614. I think I will chat with Samsung. Thank you for your help . Stay safe and sane in these crazy timess and have a  good holiday and a  hopefully a good start to 2021. Isabel