Koodo Community
Solved

Questions About Porting Landline to Cell

I'm considering porting my home phone number to my Koodo iPhone and giving up my existing cell phone number. I've read that the process can take 2-3 business days to complete. My question is, during this time will my cell phone still work using my existing cell phone number? Will my house phone still work during this time? Any thing else I should be aware of?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Since you already have cell service, you'll be a bit safer than someone coming in new. Basically, anyone can still reach you on your cell phone #, but outgoing calls might show up as your house phone # until it ports over successfully.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As soon as you request the port koodo changes the number for your cell phone. You will no longer be able to receive calls at that cell number because as far as the phone system is concerned it's the same as any other number change. Incoming calls to the landline will continue to come through to the landline until the port completes and outgoing calls from the cell will show up as being from the ported number immediately, but the original cell number will cease to function right away.