Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Question about switching from Telus to Koodo

I am currently with Telus on month-to-month basis as my 2 year contract expired a couple of months ago. Now, I want to swtich to Koodo, and I am wondering whether I need to nofity Telus of my intention to switch to Koodo; I am asking this because I do not want to pay any 'fee' to Telus.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Hlee, Nope, you don't need to notify Telus, if you port out your number Koodo, your account with Telus will be closed automatically. I would imagine you'll still be receiving a last bill, presumably of the current month plus any usage. You could ask Telus what is the most convenient time/day for you to switch, they'll be able to tell you 🙂
Userlevel 7
You would really need to consult your former contract with telus for those details but generally if you're on a month to month in would say to do the switch the day before your bill date. That way you get all you paid for from telus before the switch
Userlevel 2
You dont need to tell it to telus because ur on month to month anyways,but just to be sure tell them that ur moving or porting ur # on koodo. And for sure if u dont have contract u dont need to pay extra. U just need to pay for the last bill that they will charge u.
do I have to give telus 30 days notice to cancel
want to switch to Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
CW Crawford wrote:

do I have to give telus 30 days notice to cancel

No. And if you want to keep your existing number, you must not cancel with Telus directly. Koodo will cancel your Telus line and bring the number over for you. You are responsible for any cancellation fees to Telus as per your contract (if you're still under a contract). If not, you'll just be charged for airtime/data used before cancellation.