Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Purchasing a SIM card in the USA

How do I go about purchasing a SIM card to use in the USA? Does my Koodo plan still work or do I have to get a plan from a company in the US?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you purchase a US sim you would get a plan through that US company. Note that you will need to make sure your phone is unlocked in order to use another carrier's sim
Userlevel 2
As Dennis mentioned, ensure that you have an unlocked phone before purchasing a non-Koodo SIM card to use with your phone. Your phone ONLY uses your Koodo plan if your Koodo SIM card is inserted into your phone. If you insert a different (non-Koodo) SIM card into your phone, you are using the plan that is active on that SIM card. My guess is that you are wondering how to use your phone in the US. If you want to use your phone in the US [b]with your Koodo phone and number, then you can purchase a US Roaming add-on. There are several to choose from depending on whether you want to make voice calls, text message, or use data. See this page for the available add-ons and their costs: https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/add-ons/index.html