Koodo Community
Question

Purchasing 2 SIM with same credit card

• 23 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello all

I am trying to purchase 2 SIM cards using the same credit card and the online function blocks the second purchase. Any ideas how to get around this? I don’t want to do it in shop and pay 40$  set up!

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

hi

There was  an restriction for online purchase. You could only activate one line first. Within 90day, if you want to add another line on the same account, you would have to visit a Koodo kiosk/retail. After 90days, you could open another line using the same account “online”.

I believe there is currently a  connection fee promotion in some retail (walmart/bestbuy). You might want to check them out if you want to add another line on the same account early.

You could also try to create another account (using a different email) to get another line. I haven’t tried it myself but you would be subjected to another credit check.

Userlevel 7

You can get Koodo prepaid SIMs at Amazon, if you are willing to wait for UPS delivery (mine was 8 days). My on-line activation was straight forward and saved me $40.

Not sure if you plan to use it for two separate accounts or two lines of the same account.  The first is easy and you will save the $40 activation fee if you activate each account on-line. Dinh (above) provided info regarding activation of two lines using the same account.  Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can get Koodo prepaid SIMs at Amazon, if you are willing to wait for UPS delivery (mine was 8 days). My on-line activation was straight forward and saved me $40.

Not sure if you plan to use it for two separate accounts or two lines of the same account.  The first is easy and you will save the $40 activation fee if you activate each account on-line. Dinh (above) provided info regarding activation of two lines using the same account.  Good luck!

I think the original post was talking about postpaid accounts since they're the ones that block you out for 90 days.

Definitely a good idea but if the op wants the benefits of a postpaid account then they would need to go into a store for the second one or wait the 90 days.

this is such garbage.  disgusting cash grab in the middle of the pandemic too.  This is likely why my wife could not complete her purchase, as we were using different credit cards from the same account.  Of course, what I was TOLD by koodo was that there was a problem with the credit response coming from Equifax -- so I thought fraud and have been chasing a ghost with credit reporting agencies when in fact all I had to do was use a separate credit card account for my wife.  Thanks for the stress, and the months of wasted time and money maintaining our old account at *checks notes* Telus.

This restriction could be communicated better.  Like at all.  Very unhappy.