Koodo Community

Community

Proposed change to Seasonal Hold: make it an add-on instead

Userlevel 7
Zaphod mentioned it in a comment a while back but not officially submitted as an idea. I don't know what kind of system limitations there are but here we go: seasonal hold is currently a plan change. Not very nice. Forces customers to lose their plan, if it's a good one (which it probably is compared to these now). Lots of people complain about this. Here's my idea: instead of making it a whole plan, why not just add-ons? The provisioning codes for the add-on - or it could even be multiple add-ons if that's what the system requires, like international roaming - will block all cellular service (I know this is possible because you guys can block data) and either give a recurring credit to bring their price down to $15 OR make the discount a percentage of the customer's plan? If there needs to be 2 separate add-ons then go ahead; make one "Seasonal Hold deactivation" add on and the other one "Seasonal Hold discount" or something like that. That way when a customer comes back, they will be able to keep their plans by removing the add-on. Tell me what you think.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Even though I didn't need to use that feature yet, I put myself in other people's shoes and yeah, I'd like for this to be done!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I agree and fully support this. I think I suggested something like this during our chat session with Bernard.
Userlevel 6
You've got my 100% vote on this! Seem such a simple thing to do, I'd love to hear what holds back koodo from doing this. And let's not blame it on the typical "it's the systems" issue. 🙂 Where there is will there is a way! Common koodo!
Userlevel 7
I agree but this would be very complicated to implement for the back-end team, if even possible.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

I agree but this would be very complicated to implement for the back-end team, if even possible.

Data block is already available to disable a feature someone can use so they should be able to extend it to cell service too. The No Tab discount is an add-on so they should be able to turn the seasonal hold into a discount as well... the only issue would be to have it calculate the appropriate discount for the customer. Which is why I suggested making it a % of the customer's plan instead, maybe 60% or so.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Data block example isn't even relevant because that's not even what I'm talking about. Of course the feature is going to work and suspend the service, but the PROBLEM which could be complicated, is the discount would be different for each customer. See, now your suggestion is an increase in the cost of seasonal hold compared to now. Sure, it may save the persons plan but a lot of customers will not be okay with this. I love how the "only problem" is the biggest problem stopping this from happening. Not even simple. I'm all for ideas that are feasible on both ends... For Koodo and customers.
Ahmad wrote:

Make Seasonal Change as an add-on is an extremely good idea!!!!!! It will be perfect for People like myself have to travel in and out of the country a lot, as well as for other reasons. But, this will allow people stay with Koodo instead of going to other providers. That is headcounts, market share and business.
Seasonal Hold is $15/month. How do you reduce the cost of the rate plan to match the cost of Seasonal Hold? Suspending the service is easy, it's the pricing that isn't easy.
Userlevel 6
KaneSlavik wrote:

Seasonal Hold is $15/month. How do you reduce the cost of the rate plan to match the cost of S...

Leave the the rateplan on the person has and credit the full amount for the period of the seasonal hold. Along Jonathan's suggestion.....turn seasonal hold into an add-on that block usage of the phone nad charge $15.