Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Problems with my phone

I bought a new phone yesterday and I can't call anybody or use text messages. What is going on?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Thiago, Did you sign up with Koodo yesterday or did you just get a new phone? Do you see "Koodo" as your provider? What plan did you take? There could be lots of causes and based on your information (none) it's sort of hard to troubleshoot 🙂
Userlevel 7
What phone do you have?
Userlevel 7
Which phone is it? This sort of thing can happen from time to time and there's a few things we should look at: 1. Make sure you have airplane mode off and 3G is enabled (iPhone) or it says at least WCDMA/HSPA (on Android) in your network settings. 2. Take out your SIM card and battery (if not removable, then turn the phone off) for about a minute and then put it back together. Let us know what happens.
My phone is an Iphone 4s. I already told the problem: I can't call and send text messages. I had a gold plan with 300 minutes/ data and unlimited text messages. The koodo appears as my provider. I am a new customer.
Userlevel 6
Thiago Samarao da Motta wrote:

My phone is an Iphone 4s. I already told the problem: I can't call and send text messages. I had ...

Funny, koodo doesn't have a gold plan. 🙂
fixed
Userlevel 7
Try Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings. This won't erase any data on the device, but you will lose any saved WiFi passwords.