Koodo Community
Question

Problem with names

• 5 December 2019
  • 2 replies

I've encountered a very strange problem and I'm honestly not sure I can even get help or explain this to a representative. I'm transitioning and despite using my SIN information for my credit card (SIN features my dead name, credit card has my chosen name) I believe that's the problem I'm having in ordering a phone from Koodo. I'm a new customer and have matched my name and address to my credit card, and thought I've gone through the check out with everything crystal clear I haven't had my order 'approved' because they're having an issue with my credit, which I believe is due to the differing names between my credit card and SIN card. My service with an old provider is set to be ended as of the tenth of this month so I was very much hoping to order a nice new phone before that. Getting my name changed legally is very much a work in progress and is taking months. Is there any way to rectify this via explanation, or am I stuck?

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have a legal name change certificate or not? If yes, mail it to Equifax, TransUnion, and wherever else you need to update. It does not take months. If not, then I don’t know how you would even have a credit card under your new name because that is not your legal name yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@triggered123 Sounds like expert advice.