Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Price Drop

Is the new price drop on the phones a promotional deal along with the $50.gift card ? Or will they remain these prices after the date of June 12 (if that date is wrong please correct me) when the offer is up ?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Prices are subject to change at any time.
Price changes are controlled by both Koodo and the company selling the phones. Most of the time if its a small sign beside the phone then it is on sale for a specified period of time. The $50.gift card is determined by the company selling the phone and may or may not be permanent.
I don't care about the.gift card. I do care if the phone shoots back up in price once the.gift card promotion is over.
Userlevel 4
KKZ wrote:

I don't care about the.gift card. I do care if the phone shoots back up in price once the.gift ca...

Unfortunately, you may have to keep chekcking the site. No one can give you a definitive answer here.
Userlevel 2
KKZ wrote:

I don't care about the.gift card. I do care if the phone shoots back up in price once the.gift ca...

do you think the price of the phones will go up? all the reduced models are obsolete.
Userlevel 7
It's a sale. More than likely the price will go up after that date but we cannot give you any 100% guarantee. You can always get the deal offered and then change your mind within the 15 day window. If the price went up, then you're safe. If it goes down even more (highly unlikely), then you can even get the difference from the place you bought it from. So you really don't have anything to lose unless you decide to wait until after the sale's over and then it goes up; you can't get the sale price again.
Okay, thank-you Jonathan. Oh the pressure Koodo tends to put on people who want new phones lol. It's helpful to know it is a sale price though, it is unfortunate it will most likely go back up in price.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
KKZ wrote:

Okay, thank-you Jonathan. Oh the pressure Koodo tends to put on people who want new phones lol. I...

Or it will discontinued... no one knows 😞
Userlevel 2
KKZ wrote:

Okay, thank-you Jonathan. Oh the pressure Koodo tends to put on people who want new phones lol. I...

I bet it will drop more as fathers day sale is coming along
Userlevel 7
It's not just Koodo; every carrier does this. Sales come and go, but you see them more often during either A) August/September for back to school time or 😎 Christmas. There's also clearance/EOL phones like the S III and Note II which get price reductions or.gift cards for new customers to clear out inventory. I'm sure Koodo's just about finished with those devices. The general message is the same, regardless of time of year: when you see a good deal, you should get it! It could change at any time!