Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Prepaid plan confusion

Just a little confused on prepaid top up here. I live out of the country for part of the year for school, and as such, knew that I had to buy a new base plan within ninety days otherwise I'd loose my phone number. I did do this before the ninety day mark, but apparently, because it wasn't the same base plan that I purchased previously, it didn't count, and now my account has been deactivated and I've lost a phone number that I had since 2008. Has this happened to other people, or have I uniquely screwed up here?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you called customer service to discuss this? If not, you may reach them at:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A different base plan should still count. I would give Koodo a call like Ivan suggested above
Just spent ten minutes on hold with them before asking this question. I'm going to try again later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erica de Gannes wrote:

Just spent ten minutes on hold with them before asking this question. I'm going to try again later.

I hope you get a resolution quickly. Like Dennis said, it shouldn't matter what exact base plan is active as long as one is active.
As it turns out, I apparently needed to have made a top up equivalent to the base plan that I was previously on, which actually goes against what Koodo employees told me when I bought my phone. I'm pretty angry - anyone got any recommendations for prepaid cellphone providers who won't rip me off?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wait.... so the base plan is preset based on your topup ammount? What if I topped up $100. What base plan would be automatically assigned to me?
Sorry, maybe I'm not being clear - I'm pretty sure I actually bought a 15 dollar base plan, yet I still lost my number and my account got deactivated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erica de Gannes wrote:

Sorry, maybe I'm not being clear - I'm pretty sure I actually bought a 15 dollar base plan, yet I...

I would call Koodo and ask them if you did purchase your base plan or not. Then I would ask them to reactivate if they can