Koodo Community

Community

Prepaid Cards on Post Paid accounts.

I have gotten a few calls about people purchasing prepaid cards to put on post paid accounts. Just letting you know that we can't do this. Prepaid cards are for prepaid accounts only. I'm just hoping this prevents future frustrated customers.

31 replies

Userlevel 6
Kiosks selling them should inform the buyers of this.
Userlevel 1
They should....Aside from the odd Koodo Kiosk and almost every Mobile Shop I've been to, I have yet to trust what store reps say.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

They should....Aside from the odd Koodo Kiosk and almost every Mobile Shop I've been to, I have y...

I trust the Community more than the store reps. However sometimes you gets an amazing rep that teaches you a thing or two 🙂
Userlevel 7
Starfox wrote:

They should....Aside from the odd Koodo Kiosk and almost every Mobile Shop I've been to, I have y...

Yeeee Mobile Shop reprezentttt
Starfox wrote:

U need a booster for prepaid duh I found that out months ago plan and sim and booster
Userlevel 5
Don't the prepaid simcards actually say prepaid on them? If so isn't that enough?
Userlevel 5
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

Don't the prepaid simcards actually say prepaid on them? If so isn't that enough?

I believe the Prepaid SIM cards do have Prepaid on them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

Yes they do, both on the Sim card itself as on the "booklet". Also, they are twice the price... I'd expect people to make the mistake the other way around really 😃
Userlevel 5
Reading this I didn't think it was about sim cards, but rather the "top up cards". Assuming somewhere people are buying these top up cards thinking they'll pay off their bill/tab... which in a way isn't a bad idea on it's own.
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

Reading this I didn't think it was about sim cards, but rather the "top up cards". Assuming some...

Interesting last point. How do you envision that Jorden?
Userlevel 7
Jorden wrote:

Reading this I didn't think it was about sim cards, but rather the "top up cards". Assuming some...

I smell something a' brewin
Userlevel 2
Jorden wrote:

That, or Sumaya has a reply quota to hit lol
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

Sumaya I envision it similar to prepaid cards for things like iTunes or Xbox live. Just have someway to apply the code on the card to the post paid account crediting the account the balance. Say I buy a $25 Koodo card, have it be good for $25 credit on prepaid as it is now, or have a way for me to log into my self serve account (or maybe via #123 or something), key in the number and have $25 credited towards my monthly bill. This would give people another option for paying their bill (which isn't a bad thing) and could provide another "instant" form of payment other than a credit card. I don't know how complicated it would be to implement, but I don't see why it couldn't happen. Not that I think it would happen for paying towards the tab but in a way it could work the same way with applying the cards code towards your tab balance.
Jorden wrote:

who cars what they get $ is $ if I go pay 25.00 for pay go card tell rep to apply it on my monthly account they should
Jorden wrote:

sorry meant to say cares
Jorden wrote:

may be some dont have visa or mc or bank accounts.
Jorden wrote:

cause of there credit probs
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

If you have a credit problem wouldn't it be that they couldn't get a postpaid account in most cases though?
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

Jorden wrote:

good point but still some dont have bank accounts that is my point.
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

Rodney: That's the premise of prepaid, it's an option for those with a less than perfect credit score. Koodo will happily take your money for a prepaid voucher whether you have an active bank account or not.
Jorden wrote:

ok ty so much
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

mattjs: I don't have a quota to hit, but that was hilarious. Thanks for making my morning. LOL!
Userlevel 2
Jorden wrote:

Anytime! 😛
Userlevel 5
Don't think this should be a problem... It says "Prepaid". Don't people know that monthly/post-paid is different from "Prepaid"?