Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Porting number from Virgin

I want to port my number from Virgin to koodo, I am just wondering how it should be done and how long it will take

7 replies

Userlevel 4
5-10 mintues in my experience.
Userlevel 4
You can port in self serve menu. Under change my number.
Userlevel 7
You need to keep your virgin number active so don't cancel your virgin service. Porting out will automatically cancel the virgin line.

When you sign up you'll have the option to port your number in. You may need your virgin account number and virgin pin if there is one.
Chad Burr wrote:

You need to keep your virgin number active so don't cancel your virgin service. Porting out will...

How long does the process usually take?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

You need to keep your virgin number active so don't cancel your virgin service. Porting out will...

It could take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Depends in the handshaking between Koodo and Virgin really. During the transfer your old and new phones may still both ring or receive text messages. In all it shouldn't be more than 24hrs but you'll never be without services of some type during that time.
Chad Burr wrote:

After I port the number, is my service with virgin terminated automatically? or i have to explictly tell them i am not using it any more
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Porting cancels your line.