Koodo Community
Solved

Porting number from koodo to rogers

• 9 October 2020
  • 5 replies

My employer requires me to port to Rogers.

Phone calls to koodo direct me to self-serve (and then hang up).

When I log in and follow self-serve instructions to port I get: “Transfer status: We are having a problem transferring your number xxx-xxx-xxxx. Please go to koodo.com/chat and enter "#HelpSS" to schedule a callback.”

When I go to koodo.com/chat and enter "#HelpSS" to schedule a callback, it doesn’t work. There is nothing there to schedule a call back.

So I am here. Koodo please call me back.

thanks, vroomado

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 9 October 2020, 03:09

Your quick response is much appreciated Goran!

Port protection is enabled. Rogers alerted me that it was. I have no idea when it was enabled or by whom - doesn’t matter.

I will try again. If the problem recurs, then I expect koodo to contact me. I understand the first error message. I don’t understand the ‘go to koodo.com/chat and enter "#HelpSS" to schedule a call back’ not working.

Thanks, vroomado

Not sure what happened with you. This is literally what I got when I tried it:

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You shouldn't need to follow any self-serve directions unless you have port protection enabled. You should otherwise be able to just contact Rogers to initiate the port otherwise.

If you do have port protection on, then I would try again tomorrow morning. They may be flooded.

Port protection is enabled. Rogers alerted me that it was. I have no idea when it was enabled or by whom - doesn’t matter.

I will try again. If the problem recurs, then I expect koodo to contact me. I understand the first error message. I don’t understand the ‘go to koodo.com/chat and enter "#HelpSS" to schedule a call back’ not working.

Thanks, vroomado

Userlevel 7

Please call Koodo porting center        1-844-232-7678 [9am start time] to remove the port protection from your line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks, vroomado

Not sure what happened with you. This is literally what I got when I tried it:

Thanks nim4165! I will follow up in the morning.

Thanks Timo Tuokkola! I drink and know someone who knows things.

Cheers, vroomado