Koodo Community
Question

Ported home phone number

Userlevel 2
We ported our home phone number to my cell phone this past Saturday and we have lost service to our home phone but don't have incoming service to my cell yet. Has anyone ported a home phone number from Shaw and can tell us how long this might take? Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe it's generally 2 business days for landline to wireless.
Userlevel 2
I believe it's generally 2 business days for landline to wireless.Ok, if it doesn't transfer tomorrow I'll look into it further. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you port it or have calls forwarded to your cell so after a certain amount of rings on your home line if it goes unanswered it forwards the call to your cell and your cell begins ringing?
Userlevel 2
Did you port it or have calls forwarded to your cell so after a certain amount of rings on your h...We had it ported as we decided to go with cell phones only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you port it or have calls forwarded to your cell so after a certain amount of rings on your h...Ya we use cells only and couldnt be happier and seems to make more sense financially as well. Well hope you getbit straightned away soon. Have a great night Beth.-KID ANDROID
Userlevel 2
Did you port it or have calls forwarded to your cell so after a certain amount of rings on your h...When all our messages on our answering machine say "oh, you must be out, we'll try you on your cell phone" you know it's time to get rid of the home phone LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you port it or have calls forwarded to your cell so after a certain amount of rings on your h...Lol thats funny 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you port it or have calls forwarded to your cell so after a certain amount of rings on your h...Enjoy it. We ditched about 2 yrs ago. Just makes sense.
Userlevel 2
The weird thing is text messages are coming in but no one can get through to us by calling yet. When I call outbound our call display shows correctly. Hopefully this will all sort itself out in the next day or two.
Userlevel 2
Just an FYI in case anyone else wonders this question...it took about 2 1/2 business days to get my number ported over from Shaw.
Userlevel 1
Just an FYI in case anyone else wonders this question...it took about 2 1/2 business days to get ...That's standard time frame it takes with all landlines port with Koodo (does not include weekends)