Koodo Community

Community

port in saying tv

Userlevel 2
I am trying to port my number over from sugar mobile. When I try to do the port from the website it asks:

What do you want to do with your TV or Internet associated with this number?                                
Name of Reseller only if applicable
Please provide an alternate contact number.       
Please provide any other helpful information, such as the presence of additional services attached to the phone number.

Can someone please assist how I would do this number port in?                                    

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Brent.

Those questions are asked because when porting the number, the account get closed. Sometimes, like with Bell, you can have mobile + phone + TV with them. So I think that's the purpose of these questions. 

It won'T be applicable to you tho.
Userlevel 2
Hi Robert, 

Where would I put account number etc? it doesn't ask for that at all. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

That form seems to be a form to port your number to Sugar Mobile, not port the number out. It would have no need to ask the question about TV and internet unless you were porting a number to them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

Just go through the steps and they may call you for more info... hence the alternate contact number
Userlevel 2
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

Okay this is the porting a number in to Koodo, I tried my sister's number and it gave the correct port in request information requesting account number etc.
Userlevel 6
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

@OP: Sugar Mobile to my knowledge hosts the number as a VOIP service over cellular data (hence the phone number works through an app). Allow 48 hours minimum to port from Sugar Mobile to Koodo.
Agreed with Robert, the TV mention would be irrelevant. If you're asked "other services/internet/tv/etc." on the port request form, then just select "no".
Userlevel 2
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

Okay so it's been over 24 hours since my port request. When I use my Koodo phone the outgoing call display shows my sugar mobile phone number. When I get a phone call nothing to my cell phone just goes to the sugar mobile app
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

It's getting close!  Ports from VoIP providers seem to take longer than other ports. Ports from landlines can take 2 -3 days to complete.
Userlevel 2
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

It is hard to remember to keep the app launched all the time. I don't want to loose my phone calls lol worst of all my data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

Sugar was offering pretty reasonable prices. Care to share why you've switched?

Userlevel 2
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

The prices are good but I needed a little more than 400 mb per month of data. The data is shared as text phone calls taken from the 400mb. The app is not trust worthy on apple but android is better. I used about $40.00 a month extra in addition to the monthly fee and koodo was a little cheaper. I may keep sugarmobile on the side as it would be better option for roaming in the u.s.
Userlevel 2
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

The port took 3 days and is successful. Thank you everyone 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

Glad to hear it's sorted. Remember that we're here to help in the future, should you need it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

Glad to hear it's sorted. Remember that we're here to help in the future, should you need it.
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

Hi There, I'm trying to bring my line from Sugarmobile as well. When I try to activate the service back with Koodo, the guys in the kiosk are not able to do so. 

They are gettin the 'Port' message on their system. 

Can anyone advise what's necessary to do the transfer?  I'm with Kodoo Support now and they are trying to figure it out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

Do you have a koodo account set up now  with a random phone number?
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

Thanks Dennis, 
Yes, Apparently is something regarding the request is being made in the kiosk. We might need to enable a temporary number then do the request.
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

Thanks Dennis, 
Yes, Apparently is something regarding the request is being made in the kiosk. We might need to enable a temporary number then do the request.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brent Foreman wrote:

Hi Robert, 

If you are already working with Koodo support, I would advise continuing with this process.

Otherwise, I would have said to try and port your number in on your own on self serve