Koodo Community

Community

Points should equal money towards phone etc

We are getting points for making praise towards Koodo, and we are getting points for several other things. I think that we should be able to use these points as money towards our tab or phone bill or towards our new handset. I think this would be a very interesting perk to have for Koodo clients 🙂 I'm waiting for the manager to call me back on this.

26 replies

Userlevel 4
I highly doubt this is going to happen. This is like a video game where you finish it and that's the end of it.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I highly doubt this is going to happen. This is like a video game where you finish it and that's ...

Thank you for pointing this out, as I just made that comment , I spoke to Koodo. They have informed me that I have money towards a new phone now.
Userlevel 2
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I highly doubt this is going to happen. This is like a video game where you finish it and that's ...

That's called the Tab, which is accumulated from each bill you receive. The Tab has ZERO affect with the points on Get Satisfaction.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm not sure if this is feasible. A while back Koodo had a phone giveaway that was tied to community participation and there was an influx of people posting just just so that they could get points. I'd hate to see something like that happen again. Those that regularly and meaningfully contribute to this community have a chance of being selected as a Mobile Master and that has its own perks. Still, I kind of like the idea, but only if it could be tweaked to prevent forum spamming.
Userlevel 3
Ivan wrote:

I'm not sure if this is feasible. A while back Koodo had a phone giveaway that was tied to commun...

But fried spam is great for breakfast!
Ivan wrote:

I'm not sure if this is feasible. A while back Koodo had a phone giveaway that was tied to commun...

You are allowed to use points towards a new phone, since points equal a positive tab balance according to Koodo 🙂
Userlevel 2
Ivan wrote:

Tab points = tab balance.
Userlevel 1
yeah 100 pts will probably be a cent
Andy Yue wrote:

No, it's dollars towards a new phone, I have 185 points and that makes $64.00 towards a new phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andy Yue wrote:

Based on this, Paul would have $10,488.74 towards a new phone LOL
Userlevel 2
Andy Yue wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Matthew is confusing "tab points" for Get Satisfaction points.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andy Yue wrote:

I'M RICH BIOTCH !!!! According to you Matthew Koodo owes me all the phones they have in stock at every kiosk in Ontario, come on does that make sense? No, so you know everyone here is right and your getting things completely confused. Trust me if Koodo owed me you best bet I'd be collecting, heck I'd give you 10 phones if your theory was correct but sadly your incorrect. Good try though lol
I have spoken to two reps , I am still waiting for the other one to call me back , but they have told me that the points equal a positive tab balance that can be used towards a new phone, and a new phone only , so that's what the verdict is on that one.
Userlevel 4
Matthew McRoberts Piccolo wrote:

I have spoken to two reps , I am still waiting for the other one to call me back , but they have ...

The points on this forum are just that. Points. They have NO impact on your tab.

I have spoken to two reps , I am still waiting for the other one to call me back , but they have ...

Points = money, just spoke to Koodo, and I have $64 towards a new phone because of my points 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, my contribution here makes the 3rd koodo employee commenting on this thread and the second to tell you that points on this forum have NOTHING to do with your tab. They are for entertainment purposes only. Your available tab balance is the result of accumulated tab credits, which are applied every month as a percentage of your monthly bill. You build up tab credit at the same rate, whether you contribute to the forum or not.
Userlevel 4

ZING!
Userlevel 3

You tell em Timo!
Userlevel 1
Lol. "If I had a nickel...."
Userlevel 2
The points on this forum [b]HAVE NO BEARING ON YOUR KOODO ACCOUNT. They are, for all intents and purposes [b]A HIGH SCORE. Whoever gave you information that the points associated with Get Satisfaction can be used towards your tab is flat out [b]WRONG.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

The points on this forum [b]HAVE NO BEARING ON YOUR KOODO ACCOUNT. They are, for all intents ...

And that's the third employee to say it.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

The points on this forum [b]HAVE NO BEARING ON YOUR KOODO ACCOUNT. They are, for all intents ...

Even bolded for emphasis.
Userlevel 3
Myke wrote:

make that 4th with you Myke!
Userlevel 3
I'm rich with points, gonna get me all the phones. http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37496414.jpg
Userlevel 2
Boolanger wrote:

I'm rich with points, gonna get me all the phones. [img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instance...

Hahaha