Koodo Community

Community

Solved

pocket dialing

would be nice if Kodoo would send text when you go over your paid for min or are about to due to pocket dialing.last month was $70 this month is $30 extra its killing me.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Lock your phone to prevent pocket dialing. Also, you can monitor your usage on your phone with the self-serve app or online on self-serve. Or even calling *611 and the automated system can tell you your usage. Learning how to better monitor your own usage will help you greatly.
thanks bud,I have an old flip phone that doesnt lock or take apps,I just thought if I could get a text telling me I was getting close I wouldn't go over
Userlevel 7
angus stewart wrote:

thanks bud,I have an old flip phone that doesnt lock or take apps,I just thought if I could get a...

How can you pocket dial with a flip phone? Until Koodo gets something like that, which isn't just going to happen overnight, just make sure to check your usage online on your self-serve or again, by calling *611, its a free call. And hopefully they make something like that.
apparently all it takes is getting a coin on the keypad when its in your pocket,cost me 100 bucks so far,as far as checking 611 everyday I don't think so,thanks anyhow
Userlevel 6
angus stewart wrote:

apparently all it takes is getting a coin on the keypad when its in your pocket,cost me 100 bucks...

Geeeeezzz........why wouldn't you just buy a "proper" phone. Apparently that would cost you less than keeping this old bugger. 🙂
angus stewart wrote:

apparently all it takes is getting a coin on the keypad when its in your pocket,cost me 100 bucks...

hey chris how ya doing ...its because i like the old flip phone,its smaller and thinner than a pack of smokes and does all I need it to and only cost 16 bucks what did yours cost lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
angus stewart wrote:

Adding the $100 pocket dialing, your phone actually cost you $116 then 😉 Teasing, I agree with you that it would be nice to get a text when you are about to go over your minute limit... if you wish you could post a suggestion in this forum and hope Koodo will consider it. I'm sure other customers would like the idea too...
angus stewart wrote:

What phone do you have? Often there are ways to lock flip phones by holding down a certain key on the number pad.
Userlevel 7
angus stewart wrote:

"as far as checking 611 everyday I don't think so" You are the one CHOOSING not to check your usage because you don't feel like it and don't even want to use my suggestions. You're just going to keep getting billed and it will be no one's fault but your own. Also, can you explain to me how a flip phone just opens in your pocket? You would have to physically do it by hand and you would definitely feel the awkwardness in your pocket with your flip phone open
Userlevel 6
Sounds like you have an LG Shine, although that's a wild guess, I used to love that phone too. 🙂
kinda like the samsung tint it is a samsung but pretty old
Possibly try holding down the pound symbol.