Koodo Community

Please get real people back on the phone

• 29 August 2020
  • 11 replies

This whole automated voice chat and we’ll call you back thing is not cool.

When I call a customer service line I expect to talk to someone not have to go back and forth via text message.

I need a refund on my account because I accidentally paid my Koodo bill instead of another bill, went through the text chat and was told someone would get back to me in 60 minutes?

My time is more valuable than that, why should I have to wait around for an hour waiting for someone to call me back when I have a life to live and stuff to do?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Someone finally got back to me and was not able to help me with a refund because apparently the payment hasn’t been received even though my bank said yesterday it was processed.

I expressed my concerns with having to wait an hour again for a phone call to talk to someone and she said I could dial #227 to get to speak to the financial department right away.

Well when I called that number now it kicked me to the Robot answering service and again wanted to arrange a callback.

The games continue.

What I don’t understand is this:

I have my bank transfer $75 to pay for my bill on the first day of the month, and that gets processed right away. The woman I spoke to said that my last payment was on the 1st of the month. So if my payment on the first gets processed immediately, why has this large payment not been processed right away? My bank said it was processed already, so why hasn’t Koodo received it when it has already been established to me that payments process immediately?

This whole thing is absurd I need something very simple taken care of and I’m getting the runaround.

It usually takes 3-5 business days for payments made through your bank to get through on Koodo’s end

But my payments are normally made on the First of the month and that got processed right away so I’m confused as to why this payment is taking longer? Plus my bank already said it was processed otherwise I could have cancelled it on their end which I tried to do.

Processed between you and the bank. Still needs to be processed between the bank and koodo's payment processor. 

May i ask how much you over paid your bill by?

Usually when you over pay you will just have a credit on your account that goes toward your future bills. 

The refund process (via check) is long and arduous. Like expect it to be around 8 weeks to get a check. Knowing this, is this something you still want to pursue? 

Someone finally got back to me and was not able to help me with a refund because apparently the payment hasn’t been received even though my bank said yesterday it was processed.

I expressed my concerns with having to wait an hour again for a phone call to talk to someone and she said I could dial #227 to get to speak to the financial department right away.

Well when I called that number now it kicked me to the Robot answering service and again wanted to arrange a callback.

The games continue.

I have my bank transfer $75 to pay for my bill on the first day of the month, and that gets processed right away. The woman I spoke to said that my last payment was on the 1st of the month. So if my payment on the first gets processed immediately, why has this large payment not been processed right away? My bank said it was processed already, so why hasn’t Koodo received it when it has already been established to me that payments process immediately?

This whole thing is absurd I need something very simple taken care of and I’m getting the runaround.

It usually takes 3-5 business days for payments made through your bank to get through on Koodo’s end

But my payments are normally made on the First of the month and that got processed right away so I’m confused as to why this payment is taking longer? Plus my bank already said it was processed otherwise I could have cancelled it on their end which I tried to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The games continue.

It usually takes 3-5 business days for payments made through your bank to get through on Koodo’s end. This is the same with all carriers and I’d assume all businesses too.

The games continue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Costs less i suppose than adding and maintaining it on the site. Their long term goal is for the AI in the chat to je capable of assisting with just about everything so I guess the money is going there.

It has actual reps vs the Koodo chat being entirely automated and forwarding you to other means to talk to a rep. You can get anything done except for an account cencellation via Facebook messenger of dm via Twitter. I'd create a blank twitter account and use that hen.

Shouldn't but there is. They're gonna hire the staff they think they need. We'll I'm not familiar with if banks keep large call centres or don't receive many calls anymore so hard to compare there.

The reps here don't typically make calls. Also it's a public forum so that sort of thing can't really be handled heee unless they locate your account based on he email you provide etc.

Well if it takes over an hour to get back to people then obviously they need more reps.

I’m astounded that Koodo’s advice is to create a burner Twitter or Facebook account to do this rather than making it possible for me to do this myself via my own account on Koodo itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It has actual reps vs the Koodo chat being entirely automated and forwarding you to other means to talk to a rep. You can get anything done except for an account cencellation via Facebook messenger of dm via Twitter. I'd create a blank twitter account and use that hen.

Shouldn't but there is. They're gonna hire the staff they think they need. We'll I'm not familiar with if banks keep large call centres or don't receive many calls anymore so hard to compare there.

The reps here don't typically make calls. Also it's a public forum so that sort of thing can't really be handled heee unless they locate your account based on he email you provide etc.

Well you can do whatever for thst estimated hour wait time. The intent was either you wait on the line on hold with elevator music or you get a callback when your number is up in queue. You're free to do anything in that time. I'm not sure what you're expecting short of Koodo staffing such that you'd never have to wait more than 2 minutes after dialling

There's always Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter.

Alternatively if youre not paycheque to paycheque and can absorb that payment for a month, it'll just go towards your next bill.

I don’t have Facebook, and even still that would be another chat service which defeats the point doesn't it?

The point is that there shouldn’t be much of a hold time at all, when I called my bank yesterday I got connected within a few minutes and it was late on a Friday night. Koodo could address this by hiring more staff at the call center?

Still waiting. There seem to be people able to answer this chat forum so if so why can’t you just call me or deal with my issue right now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well you can do whatever for thst estimated hour wait time. The intent was either you wait on the line on hold with elevator music or you get a callback when your number is up in queue. You're free to do anything in that time. I'm not sure what you're expecting short of Koodo staffing such that you'd never have to wait more than 2 minutes after dialling

There's always Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter.

Alternatively if youre not paycheque to paycheque and can absorb that payment for a month, it'll just go towards your next bill.

Koodo chat allows you to ask for a callback (live agent will call you) and speak to a Koodo support person.

Yes I know but its has been almost half an hour already, and I’m just supposed to wait around until they feel like getting back to me?

Userlevel 7

Koodo chat allows you to ask for a callback (live agent will call you) and speak to a Koodo support person.