Koodo Community

Community

Solved

pissed off

Hi my phone been acting up my WiFi is suppose to be blue up on the top right corner but I just notice it has been grey for about a week as well as the service symbol and the battery life. I checked my data usage and notice I have gone over my data as well. Could you let me know what's going on and how I can fix it? Also hopefully I haven't been charged extra for data. Thanks

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Which phone do you have? Is it a Nexus 4 or 5 or Moto G that's running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat? If it is that's how the status bar looks now in the version of Android that is running on your phone.
That explains the discolored bar but not the excess data usage. My new moto g sent amsg saying I went from 75% to 95% in less than 24 hours. Considering it took me 3 1\2 weeks to get to 75% I would say there's something wrong with that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What does the phone say used the data?
Mostly chrome and play store, but I don't use either very much unless I'm connected to my wifi? Being a new phone I was downloading my apps but that was at home.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well the only answer is that you weren't connected to your wifi when you thought you were because you thought the color of things would change in the status bar or something. The best thing to do is turn off your data connection when your at home so you can only connect through your wifi, that's what I do anyways. There's apps that will automatically do it for you but I just always do it manually. What data plan are you on some are so small that it doesn't take much to use it up very quickly.
Or something? So that's the only answer but you don't know what it is. Great. I actually never noticed the color of the bar until the gentleman who started this post mentioned it. So I can assure you it was not that it 'wasn't connected because I thought the bar would chance color or something'. The first thing I did was set up my connection to avoid that problem. I've had this plan For 3 years and never gone over my limit until I got this phone. Thanks for your help, I'll just call my phone company.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justine Baxter wrote:

Or something? So that's the only answer but you don't know what it is. Great. I actually never no...

Just trying to help you don't have to be freaking rude. I suggest you change your tone when you call or you won't get anywhere. Curious why the original post is from a guy then now your a girl named Justine?
Userlevel 7
Justine Baxter wrote:

Or something? So that's the only answer but you don't know what it is. Great. I actually never no...

It could easily be that your WiFi wasn't working at the time. Happens all the time with WiFi and you may have browsed content that took uses more data. And depending on how much data you have in your plan, getting from 75% to 95% is easy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justine Baxter wrote:

Be nice, Justine... Paul is trying to help and he is a volunteer like we all are. No need to snuff him like that 😞
Userlevel 7
Justine Baxter wrote:

I was literally updating my comment to include the the part about being nicer to other community members, especially ones like Paul who are just trying to help but couldn't cause you did. Glad someone else agrees
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justine Baxter wrote:

Reported for rude language
Justine Baxter wrote:

Thank you Ahmad, that response makes much more sense. my phone does notify me when WiFi disconnets, but it is possible I didn't notice it disconnect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justine Baxter wrote:

Justine Baxter wrote:

My apologies for the misunterstanding, I read your post to be that I didn't connect the internet at all because of the color of the bar.. Or something. And no, I didn't place blame on anyone. I did not once claim, nor do I think, that it's your fault my data is is racked up. And before you talk about my attitude, maybe look at your own. 2 other people on this convo, one was helpful, one reported me, and both of them managed to be pleasant about it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justine Baxter wrote:

Neither of whom you directly attacked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justine Baxter wrote:

"Or something? So that's the only answer but you don't know what it is. Great. I actually never noticed the color of the bar until the gentleman who started this post mentioned it. So I can assure you it was not that it 'wasn't connected because I thought the bar would chance color or something'. The first thing I did was set up my connection to avoid that problem. I've had this plan For 3 years and never gone over my limit until I got this phone. Thanks for your help, I'll just call my phone company. " You see, to me, that sounds an awful lot like lashing out and calling him an idiot with no clue what he's talking about.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Justine Baxter wrote:

Reported for more rude language 😞 Justine, please keep in mind that this is a family friendly environment. By all means be angry if you need to, but leave the potty mouth out of this, thank you.
Userlevel 6
Hi everyone, as this conversation is getting out of control, I'm going to close it now. Thank you for your help! @Ace Roth: if you still need assistance, don't hesitate to call us at 1-866-995-6636 from a landline, option #6 for technical support. You can also send us an email: http://koo.do/YqucV0. Thank you !