Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Pick a slot, any slot!!

Userlevel 1
OK Gang! Question 2, to solving my son's phones woes. As stated earlier, he purchased a Huawei Ascend P7. It has two slots for sim cards. A nano and a micro. One is marked: GSM/SD. The other is marked LTE/WCDMA. Which is the proper one to use? On a side note. I did enter the IMEI number into the Koodo Tool that checks if a phone is comparable with the Kood Network. I received the, "Should Work" message.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
the LTE/WCDMA slot is the one you want.
Userlevel 1
Thank you for confirming that. Would you be able to tell me, specifically, what band Koodo uses.
Userlevel 7
Koodo, along with Robellus, Fido, and Virgin, use 3G bands 850/1900. For LTE they use 1700/2100. Rogers and Bell also support band 2600, a newer one that has very fast data speeds up to 100 mbps (tested it myself with a G2 on Rogers last year), which is complete overkill in my opinion as anything above 30mbps is fast enough.
Userlevel 1
Awesome!! Thank you. So, just to clarify. A phone with these specs: 3G: UMTS/WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100MHz 2G: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz Will work on the Koodo Network?
Userlevel 7
flyersfan wrote:

Awesome!! Thank you. So, just to clarify. A phone with these specs: 3G: UMTS/WCDMA: 850/900/1...

Yup
Userlevel 1
flyersfan wrote:

Awesome!! Thank you. So, just to clarify. A phone with these specs: 3G: UMTS/WCDMA: 850/900/1...

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll go pick up the sim card tomorrow and "Git 'er done!!"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
flyersfan wrote:

Keep in mind that Koodo doesnt use 2g, so make sure the phone isn't set to 2g or gsm only if your having issues connecting to the network.
Userlevel 1
flyersfan wrote:

Thank you for the heads up.