Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Photos on phone that won't delete - what to do?

Don't know how the albums of photos got there, but they won't delete. Did they come through Picasa? These photos were on my computer, now on the phone. Nothing in the Manual to help me.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Gillian What phone do you have and what syncing program are you using?
Samsung Galaxy Ace Dropbox to save photos from phone to computer, but these albums came onto the phone long before I added Dropbox. Weird! I'm going on vacation and want to free up as much space on phone as possible, but don't know if these are even taking up space and as they were not taken with the phone. Albums are 3 yrs old; had phone only 1 year.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Gillian, That sure sounds like Picasa/Google+ 🙂 If that is the case, there is nothing to worry about, they won't take up any space on your phone (be careful though with opening them, you WILL use data if you're not on WiFi) You can disable sync if you don't want them showing up at all, but if space is all you're worried about, you're good 🙂
If I disable sync, will Dropbox still automatically send my photos from the phone to the Dropbox cloud? But thanks, if space is good that's great. Just don't want to look at these photos on my phone anymore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dropbox will still sync your photos, yes 🙂 I use it all the time too! You can disable syncing your Picasa albums in the settings -> Accounts -> Google and then disable Google Photos. You could also delete them from your online Picasa, but that might be a bit drastic 🙂