Koodo Community
Solved

phone with hotspot tethering direct connect

• 22 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

I’m looking to put my phone on hotspot but would like to go direct connect with a cable instead of wireless basically would like to use it like a modem is there a way ? I have the google pixel 4a 

icon

Best answer by Robert T 22 January 2021, 16:38

You have a Google Pixel, so why would you use an iPhone?

A quick search on Google return me this result.

Tether by USB cable

Important: Mac computers can't tether with Android by USB.

1. Using a USB cable, connect your phone to the other device. A "Connected as a…" notification shows at the top of the screen.
  2. Open your phone's Settings app.
  3. Tap Network & internet And then Hotspot & tethering.
  4. Turn on USB tethering
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I know the iPhones can share the connection through the iPhone wire, but I'm not sure about the Google Pixel. You should search about it.

Userlevel 2

I know the iPhones can share the connection through the iPhone wire, but I'm not sure about the Google Pixel. You should search about it.

And how do I use a iPhone which cable would I need ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You have a Google Pixel, so why would you use an iPhone?

A quick search on Google return me this result.

Tether by USB cable

Important: Mac computers can't tether with Android by USB.

1. Using a USB cable, connect your phone to the other device. A "Connected as a…" notification shows at the top of the screen.
  2. Open your phone's Settings app.
  3. Tap Network & internet And then Hotspot & tethering.
  4. Turn on USB tethering
Userlevel 2

I have a iPhone and the google pixel .. question how does the the laptop read the phone that’s connected to the USB cable ? So there in no need of a Ethernet cable ? Another thing if let’s say I have 20 GB of data will I get the full use of 20 GB when tethering wired  , read some phone providers don’t allow they only allow half if tethering wired .. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm not sure how it communicates with the computer, but I think via the USB cable, the Internet is shared and I've heard nothing such as limit tethering on kudos network.

On iPhone it would be the same thing. Use the lightning cable.

Userlevel 2

Is the lighting cable the one that comes with the phone ( charging cable 

Userlevel 2

Will this work with a Xbox one ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, it's correct. It's the Lightning cable. Should work with the Xbox, but I'm not 100% sure.