Koodo Community
Solved

Phone Tapping

Is there someone I can get to check on my line for a tap? I’m hearing strange noises and I believe my line may be tapped.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 6 April 2021, 22:39

If you believe you were tapped, contact your local police. They have the authority to investigate what happened.

Anyway, what made you think you were tapped? It could be just signal interference from various sources. I would suggest you test your SIM in another phone and see if the issue was the phone. 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you believe you were tapped, contact your local police. They have the authority to investigate what happened.

Anyway, what made you think you were tapped? It could be just signal interference from various sources. I would suggest you test your SIM in another phone and see if the issue was the phone. 

Haven’t tried that, will do thanks. there are static and clicking sounds here and there while on a call.

I was hoping koodo can run a check on it for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Haven’t tried that, will do thanks. there are static and clicking sounds here and there while on a 

what phone did you have and what plan are you on? Did it happen to one contact or every calls? could it be issue with the other end? Did you have experience with tapping in the past? 

Anyway, unless you are someone special,  tapping is the last thing people could think of when there was noise/interference in a wireless conversation.