Koodo Community

phone service Lg Velvet

• 10 October 2021
  • 5 replies

So over three months now I have had little to know phone service with my cell phone. I have done a factory reset with a Koodo tech. I have switched my 5G to run of of 3G because my home phone is though Koodo and runs of of the 3g network without problems but that still hasn't helped my cell. Looking for suggestions on what might help or what to do next. Really getting tired of paying for service that doesn't work.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So over three months now I have had little to know phone service with my cell phone. I have done a factory reset with a Koodo tech. I have switched my 5G to run of of 3G because my home phone is though Koodo and runs of of the 3g network without problems but that still hasn't helped my cell. Looking for suggestions on what might help or what to do next. Really getting tired of paying for service that doesn't work.

Where are you currently located? Depending on where you live, the coverage can be really good or poor. 

If you are still experiencing difficulties, you can try to get your device repaired at your nearest Mobile Klinik location or Koodo store. Assuming your LG Velvet is still within the limited one-year warranty, you can consider this option. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/warranty-and-repair-policy

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which plan are you on? I assumed you are a postpaid customer? You mentioned you had "little or no service” in the area, was it when you were indoor or outdoor?

Also,was your phone purchased from Koodo? Koodo didn't offer 5G service though. You would have to rely on LTE(4G) or 3G to make call/text and use data.

I have serve everywhere but my house. I have been a Koodo customer for 7 years I have always had service here up untill the last three months . I've had the phone for about 6 months so for three no problems. I even unpaired my phone with my car thinking that maybe what caused my problem (I bought the car three months ago) it didn't help. Think I may need to take it to Koodo rep to have it fixed but I know I'll have service there so they probably won't be able to fix my problem. It's like my phone won't connect with the tower out by my house.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have serve everywhere but my house. I have been a Koodo customer for 7 years I have always had service here up untill the last three months . I've had the phone for about 6 months so for three no problems. I even unpaired my phone with my car thinking that maybe what caused my problem (I bought the car three months ago) it didn't help. Think I may need to take it to Koodo rep to have it fixed but I know I'll have service there so they probably won't be able to fix my problem. It's like my phone won't connect with the tower out by my house.

If the problem happened only at your house, there could be some issue with network coverage there. I assumed you are a postpaid customer? If so, you can try to enable wifi calling and see if that help https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In that case, there may be some sort of interference in your house that is causing loss of signal on your phone. I would suggest you to enable wifi calling on your phone to see if that helps. That should partially solve your problem. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

If that does not work, I would also recommend that you try to reset your network settings on your phone. You can follow these steps: 

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings Settings icon > System.
  2. Tap Restart & reset.
  3. Tap Network settings reset.
  4. Tap Reset SettingsNote If prompted, enter the PIN, password or pattern.
  5. To confirm, tap Reset Settings.