Koodo Community

Community

Question

Phone models and more details to be seen when we shop

I don't find the model numbers of phones that are available when we shop for phones at Koodo. Also the tech details are very limited in detail. Why are not full details with the model number made available as will be good to check the 2G, 3G , 4G compatibility of the model in various countries when travelling.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Radha,

There has been a critic about that recently, but the majority of people will not understand that information and it will be a burden for them to have so much info.

But I do agree with you that there should be a tab where you could see more info. Ask here, maybe we can help.
Robert wrote:

Hello Radha,

There has been a critic about that recently, but the majority of people will not un...

I want to know the models of the lg G4 and moto G4 plus that are offered by Koodo now.
Robert wrote:

Hello Radha,

There has been a critic about that recently, but the majority of people will not un...

Full information should be provided. It is not a burden. If not it amounts to concealing of info. People will get to know more only if they are displayed but then they don't want us to use our brains.
I now see another post made 4 years ago on the same topic of displaying model numbers and complete details. The idea has been impemented it proclaims. But where???? I now think Koodo sells the lower end of the same phone type so the customers end up thinking that the phone is low priced by Koodo compared to other sellers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Radha D wrote:

I now see another post made 4 years ago on the same topic of displaying model numbers and complet...

What do you mean the lower end of the same phone can you give an example? Oh and we use to see no info barely at all and now they give us quite a bit more info so that's why they consider it implementated but a simple Model number would easily fix the issue completely so not sure why they haven't added that I agree.
Radha D wrote:

I now see another post made 4 years ago on the same topic of displaying model numbers and complet...

The LG G3 model that I got does not support 4g in the country I am planning to use. Some other models do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Radha D wrote:

That doesn't make it a lesser than model the specs that make up the phones are the same it's just the best model for use in Canada which makes sense considering it's sold for primary use in Canada does it not. It's one single component that is different which is why they have different models to sell to different parts of the world
Badge +4
For a short time, model numbers were included with the phone description. Newer phone model numbers are a little harder to find and I agree, model numbers would be helpful. However, model number information on phones that have been out for awhile are only a few keystrokes/mouse clicks away. Moto G4 Plus (XT1641) - https://www.motorola.ca/products/moto-g-plus - under Specifications, refer to section; Bands (by model). LG G4 (LGH812) - http://www.lg.com/ca_en/cell-phones/lg-LGH812-lg-g4