Koodo Community

Community

Phone Model

Userlevel 1
Most of posters are asking questions about their phones without saying what kind of phone they have, other posters are always asking what kind of phone do you have? etc.. instead of getting straight forward answer to their post, instead they're getting second question : which phone is it?, Notification should be added to asked question to write down their phone model

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That would actually help greatly.Ive been that person asking what phone they have alot since coming here and then sometimes its answered by the time I get back lol. Why didnt you post this under ideas Mat ?lol
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

That would actually help greatly.Ive been that person asking what phone they have alot since comi...

Yeah Kid ! you're right because webmaster or who ever responsible should know that before it became an idea, that question is particularly addressed to him
Userlevel 3
I agree it would make things a lot simpler if you know what the person is using
Userlevel 6
I think it would be even much simpler if phone information was a mandatory field when creating an avatar on this forum.
Userlevel 7
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

I think it would be even much simpler if phone information was a mandatory field when creating an...

THAT is a GREAT idea
Badge +4

I think it would be even much simpler if phone information was a mandatory field when creating an...

Suggested something along these lines a year ago... http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/details_details_for_self_help?utm_content=reply_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification#reply_7300632 Still shows it as "Under Consideration", lol! A dropdown selection box or radio button where one can select their specific device, before they can ask the question, provided it's a device related issue.
Userlevel 6

If they use lists and/or check boxes, they need to be exhaustive in order to cover all possible models (including the ones people bring unlocked). Text boxes would be simpler
Userlevel 1

No official comments yet by Koodo officials about this important suggestion, will avoid lot of contre-questions, what model of phone you have???
Userlevel 6

I currently have: - Nexus S - Galaxy Nexus - Lumia 610 - Galaxy S II X I switch between them quite often, just for the fun of it. All but the Lumia run SlimBean v3.0 ROM
Userlevel 6

Bought the Nexus S because it was Nexus... Then later, I bought the GNex because I wanted a 720p screen Then I heard about WP7 and wanted to see for myself what it was up to And then I cried and wanted to carry all my songs, so I got the SGS2X to stick a 64GB SD inside. I'm lucky enough to be on the Super6GB plan that was available last summer.
Ya! I think most people do add their phones but maybe their could be a section on the question that requires your phone type/model.
Badge +4
Theo Theo wrote:

Ya! I think most people do add their phones but maybe their could be a section on the question th...

On the contrary, most people do not include the details of their device.
Userlevel 1
Or how about automatically populate what phone they have? (or have a drop-down with all the models the customer owns, and they can choose the right one)
Badge +4
Hardly exhaustive. At present, Koodo offers 17 devices: 4 Blackberry devices 4 LG devices 4 Samsung devices 3 iPhone devices 1 HTC device 1 Nokia device Before customers enter the help area, have them select their device first. Two dropdown boxes: Dropdown box 1: Manufacturer - List all manufacturers Dropdown box 2: Model Name - List all model names/numbers Submit button. For those that own devices that are not in Koodo's lineup, an "other" category could be added to the manufacturer and model name dropdown list. The customer could be prompted to fill in the manufacturer and model name of their device, prior to proceeding to the help page.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Hardly exhaustive. At present, Koodo offers 17 devices: 4 Blackberry devices 4 LG devices...

It would be easier to just have a box and you write what device you have in it. Also it would help to have ppl write what version of an OS they are running which is needed in some cases to better assist the issue .-KID ANDROID (Team.Android.Canada)
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Hardly exhaustive. At present, Koodo offers 17 devices: 4 Blackberry devices 4 LG devices...

Not really, we might encounter typos along with missing or inaccurate information. The OS version really isn't needed either. A fair number of devices Koodo sells are powered by Android. Granted, some devices may be running a lesser version of the Android OS, while other devices run a proprietary OS (i.e. iPhone, Blackberry, Windows and some LG and Samsung devices). In any case, once you're into the Android settings menu, it's a familiar menu whether you’re running Android 2.3.4 or 4.03. The same can be said for Blackberry and iPhone. Whether you’re running Blackberry 7.1 or 10, iOS 5 or 6, the settings menus haven't changed all that much, even from as far back as iOS 4.3.3 or BB's OS 6. If the OS version is needed, a third dropdown menu could be created, listing only OS's specific to the device in question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Actually your somewhat incorrect Android 2.3 runs completely different than 4.0+ for instance you can not close apps in 2.3 without forcing closed in settings or with an app that will firce close the othet apps but in 4.0+ you can easily close apps by holding down the home button and flicking the apps that pop up to either side to close them. Ive had a few questions that were difficult to answer due to not knowing which version of Android the person was running. There are also more settings in the higher versions of Android for newer features.Also there are way too many devices to ever have check off boxes and the amount is ever growing, just typing it in would make much more sense and typos would not really matter as you would get the just of what model they meant.- KID ANDROID.(TEAM.ANDROID.CANADA)
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

All they need is to link this Forum to their devices page with this link: http://help.koodomobile.com/phone-troubleshooting
rikkster wrote:

Actually, it would be better to list the phones this way: Android: 7 Windows: 1 Blackberry: 3 Talk & Text: 2 Iphone: 3 CDMA: 1 It's easier this way to define which types of phones Koodo has, rather than listing off the Manufacturers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just seen that Chad made this same suggestions over a month ago - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 7
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Just seen that Chad made this same suggestions over a month ago - KID ANDROID, ( Team.Android.Can...

:)