Koodo Community
Question

Phone lost. Is online deal available to me at a kiosk?

Userlevel 4
I am leaving the country on vacation next week and need to replace my Koodo cell phone (paid off in November....). It was left in a taxi (I suspended my account) and if I'm not contacted by tomorrow night, I will have to get a new phone and transfer my account to it. The online deals that pop up can't get mail a phone before I leave. Are any of these offers also available at kiosks? If not, does anyone know if similar deals exist?

11 replies

Userlevel 4
PS. I am a long term Koodo customer and active participant in this forum but my usual avatar and info did not show up. So, mobile masters, help me out!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless it says online only, you got the same deals available. And good news! The 35 dollar fee you pay to get a phone in person is credited on your second or third bill. So go in and grab what you want. The iPhone 8, S9, A70, G7 ThinQ and P20 pro are 360 bucks plus tax total on tab.
Userlevel 4
Thanks, Goran. So the S9 deal is also available from a kiosk? I've lost my S8 and the easiest(and cheapest) transition would be to an s9.

Other suggestions are also welcome, if available now at kiosks. I bought the S8 phone in November and paid off the tab in the spring. So looking for something I can afford as an unforeseen last minute deal. Sigh.

Many thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless it states that it's online only, you're good to go at a kiosk or third party reseller. Given all the 360 dollar options, I'd go with the huawei p20 pro. Bigger screen, battery, and really good batteries. It also has 128gb built - in storage. But if you prefer to stay within samsung and had an s8, then sure go with the s9.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Unless it says online only, you got the same deals available. And good news! The 35 dollar fee you pay to get a phone in person is credited on your second or third bill. So go in and grab what you want. The iPhone 8, S9, A70, G7 ThinQ and P20 pro are 360 bucks plus tax total on tab.
Just to note, only from retail locations is the connection fee currently being waived. (Bestbuy, walmart, etc.). Its not being waived at the koodo kiosks.
Userlevel 5
It's*
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's*
Thank you. Hopefully the OP can finally understand what I was trying to say. 😉 Hahahaha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Something something trolling pedant.

But I digress.

Thanks Allan! Alright then Elinor, if you can, get it from a third party retailer so you avoid paying the 35 dollar fee.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh I believe you about that. I was referencing the "it's" correction.
Userlevel 5
I posted it hours after your comment. I refreshed the page about a minute later, and it was already gone. Koodo Rep must be checking my posts every second.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well, you do know all the loopholes and you're quite liberal about mentioning them.