Koodo Community
Solved

Phone Deliveries during COVID

• 29 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Recently ordered a phone online. It will be delivered via UPS. Do they require a signature, or do they just ask for Government ID?

icon

Best answer by rikkster 29 December 2020, 22:42

I found this on the UPS Canada website.

“In the interest of employee and customer safety, UPS’s Signature Required guidelines are temporarily being adjusted such that consignees will no longer need to sign for UPS Signature Required deliveries. Despite this adjusted process the driver will still need to make contact with the consignee. The consignee must, at the time of delivery, acknowledge that UPS is making a delivery and, if applicable, show government issued photo ID”.

https://www.ups.com/ca/en/about/news/important-updates.page

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I only needed to show ID, but not sure if that’s the same everywhere in Canada.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MSB555 Signature is a must for a phone delivery. It’s proof of receipt. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When I received my phones ( one in September and one in November), I didn't sign.

I know signature is required and I asked them if I need to sign. They - both time- said no. But, one delivery person asked my name before give it to me.  Other one, just gave it to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mayumi Wow, what a fail! We will follow up with the courier that delivered it to you.  We are paying them  a rate that includes obtaining a signature. Without it one could claim they never received it. 

Badge +4

I found this on the UPS Canada website.

“In the interest of employee and customer safety, UPS’s Signature Required guidelines are temporarily being adjusted such that consignees will no longer need to sign for UPS Signature Required deliveries. Despite this adjusted process the driver will still need to make contact with the consignee. The consignee must, at the time of delivery, acknowledge that UPS is making a delivery and, if applicable, show government issued photo ID”.

https://www.ups.com/ca/en/about/news/important-updates.page

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@rikkster Thank you! We’ll look into what constitutes “if applicable” to show government  ID for UPS. Canada post still requires a signature for selected items and certain mail classifications.  Seems things vary by courier.