Koodo Community
Solved

Phone damaged by Koodo while out for warranty repairs, help?

• 24 September 2019
  • 12 replies

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any advice how to handle this

I sent my phone in for repair for a known manufacturer's defect - and got it returned with a smashed screen, and the repair was not done.

I have paperwork from the Koodo service person that I handed the phone over to them in perfect condition with no physical damage, so some time in between that and arriving at the manufacturers, it got damaged while in Koodo's care. The manufacturer refused to do the fix because of the additional physical damage.

The person at the booth says that since I have no extended warranty, my options are to take my phone back with the additional physical damage (done by koodo) or purchase a brand new phone. I think that is outrageous, and a very terrible way to treat customers. Does any one have any advice or previous experience dealing with this?
icon

Best answer by Rob Koodo 24 September 2019, 21:04

Ok, it’s all sorted. We didn’t do our best on this one and for that I’m sorry.

A replacement device is being injected and sent to the store, it should ship out tomorrow. The store will then call you when it arrives. We just ask you come in and we’ll take the broken phone away and replace it. The store can also transfer your contacts, pictures, etc. as needed.

As noted above, the phone was our responsibility during the transport process and we’ll be replacing it free of charge. The repair team hopes you’ll forgive them and we’re working to coach everyone involved so this doesn’t happen again.

Rob
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
They note the condition of the phone when they take it.
They now see the damage and they want To return the Damaged phone to you?

Did you refuse to accept the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've flagged the issue to a rep on the community hoping to shed some light because it does look like someone hasn't done his job right.
Yes that's exactly what happened. They returned it damaged, and even went over the origional paperwork with me saying it was in perfect condition when I gave it to them, and told me my options were to take it or buy a new one.

I did take it because I didnt really know what to do, to be totally honest, I was pretty taken aback.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes that's exactly what happened. They returned it damaged, and even went over the origional paperwork with me saying it was in perfect condition when I gave it to them, and told me my options were to take it or buy a new one.

I did take it because I didnt really know what to do, to be totally honest, I was pretty taken aback.

Do you still have the paperwork on you saying that it was in perfect condition before sending it away?

Do you still have the paperwork on you saying that it was in perfect condition before sending it away?

Yes I do, I took photos as soon as I got the phone back as well
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I do, I took photos as soon as I got the phone back as well

You can wait to see the response you get here as robert flagged it for you but I'd go back into the store and ask to speak to the manager and get it resolved that way if you get no response here.

Its deffinitly unacceptable for the rep to give you back a broken phone that had previously been in perfect condition.
Userlevel 3
Hello there! From our end we would recommend to speak to the manager of the store. The resolution should take place where this all happened. You can call before to make sure you meet the manager when you go there. You can access our website here http://koo.do/1FGnrCE to find the number. Keep us posted.
Userlevel 4
b3nk0
b3nk0 can you share the RT# with me? I know the repair team and will take this away to get addressed.
b3nk0 b3nk0 can you share the RT# with me? I know the repair team and will take this away to get addressed.
Hi Rob

The repair # is 12386133 - it would have been sent out for manufacturer's repair
Userlevel 4
Great! Let me chase this down.
Userlevel 4
Ok, it’s all sorted. We didn’t do our best on this one and for that I’m sorry.

A replacement device is being injected and sent to the store, it should ship out tomorrow. The store will then call you when it arrives. We just ask you come in and we’ll take the broken phone away and replace it. The store can also transfer your contacts, pictures, etc. as needed.

As noted above, the phone was our responsibility during the transport process and we’ll be replacing it free of charge. The repair team hopes you’ll forgive them and we’re working to coach everyone involved so this doesn’t happen again.

Rob
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The person at the booth says that since I have no extended warranty, my options are to take my phone back with the additional physical damage (done by koodo) or purchase a brand new phone. I think that is outrageous, and a very terrible way to treat customers. Does any one have any advice or previous experience dealing with this?
@Rob Koodo, how does a person at the booth find such a response acceptable when he knew it wasn't the customer's fault that the device was broken. Absolutely no compassion was given from that person. He literally acted like a robot. anyone with a little of common sense, wouldn't find this reasonable...