Koodo Community
Solved

Phone Call Promotion - Koodo to Telus 10G for $65

• 21 August 2020
  • 9 replies

I received a call from Koodo to switch my provider to Telus for 10G at my same bill of $65. I asked some security questions and then gave out some ID information. I’m now concerned that it may have been a scam, but cannot find assistance about this online. Has anyone received this same promo or is it a scam? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Allan M 21 August 2020, 22:17

I had a friend receive a similar promo and there's at least was legit so I wouldn't worry too much. Hopefully Dennis's flag can have a rep come back and confirm that for you too.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag this to a rep for you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had a friend receive a similar promo and there's at least was legit so I wouldn't worry too much. Hopefully Dennis's flag can have a rep come back and confirm that for you too.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Can you please provide the number that you receive the call from? Also, just to confirm, does your number end in 18? 

First it came up with a Koodo Promo caller ID, then the number was ‭+1 (833) 348-3589‬. Yes my number ends in 18. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thank you. The number does not belong to the customer service team, it’s a dedicated sales team, however I cannot see the offer details in the system. If you requested the agent to call you back they can provide more details only over the phone. 

As long as I know that they are an official member of the Koodo team I am happy! Ican relax now. Thanks! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

🙌 Enjoy the week-end! 

Thank you. The number does not belong to the customer service team, it’s a dedicated sales team, however I cannot see the offer details in the system. If you requested the agent to call you back they can provide more details only over the phone. 

Just the clarify this is a Koodo team number though right? I was called earlier today and just want to make sure perhaps I’m being overly paranoid. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just the clarify this is a Koodo team number though right? I was called earlier today and just want to make sure perhaps I’m being overly paranoid. 

Yes, its a Koodo sales line, you're all good!