Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Personal accounts can apparently only have 5 lines.

Personal accounts can apparently only have 5 lines. We are a family of 6. After over 10 years with Koodo, might it be time to leave? Any ideas?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What about that makes it a deal-breaker? Do you absolutely need the unlimited calling between 6 people no matter what? Or the convenience? I mean it's convenient but it's not difficult managing two accounts at all I do think. I mean it would b prudent to put up an idea here to expand the limit to say ten lines per account and see I Koodo likes it. Also Koodo is 8 years old.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could certainly have 2 accounts with 5 lines each Karin. Doesn't that solve your dilemma?
Bernard wrote:

You could certainly have 2 accounts with 5 lines each Karin. Doesn't that solve your dilemma?

Yes as long as I am treated as a family.  I;ve been to a kiosk twice and on the phone for over an hour after waiting for 3 hours and for an overnight return call to sort this out.  Now the new new phone on the new account they made me pay for before calling in amend the account as promised won't work.  I was promised by another retention agent that the first would call me at a certain time and that never happened either,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Not sure if I follow Karin. What exactly happened? You opened a new account for the 6th phone? What do you mean by treated as a family? The calls between the users?

What name is the account under Karin?
Bernard wrote:

Yes, treated as family, calls between family members, because we are.  The Retention agent I spoke to on July 23 explained everything to me and I was told a note would be put on my account so that when I went to activate a new account (because an account can not have six phones) and new phone the two accounts would be linked as family.  This didn't happen.  I've been waiting for a call back since 5:30 this evening (4 hours) from the original agent because the second one couldn't help me and said she would have the original one call me when I was available after my work day.

To top it off, the new phone appears to be defective.  

How do I get a transcript of the July 23 conversation?

Karin Zintel in Calgary.

Bernard wrote:

I just got a call back after 2 hours of of waiting on *611 and was disconnected.  When I called again, the call centre was closed.

GREAT!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Ok, I'm looking at your account now Karin. I see the call on the 23rd and the note on the account. There is no reference that the 2 accounts could be linked as one "family" for unlimited calls. What I see simple suggests to put a not on both accounts so when you inquire both would available to be looked. Not that could be done either.

Unfortunately it's simply not possible from a system perspective to do what you are asking. But there is an alternative! I see the new line is on the $50 1gb plan. We have a plan that is $55 and comes with unlimited minutes and the 1gb of data. If you switch to that plan we will credit the five dollar difference for the next 12 months. This way you will be able to get exactly what you are looking for.

I also see the phone you have on the account is an LG G3. Not sure what the issue is when you say it's not working. You can certainly return it if it's defected.  
Bernard wrote:

But I would also have to upgrade every phone totaling $60 per month so the family would be able to call and receive calls to/from the 6th family member. We can't really afford that. 

We will be back at the kiosk tomorrow to sort out the hardware.  I also wanted an upgrade but they were out of stock.

How will they know about your offer?
Bernard wrote:

I'm so frustrated with this whole business.  It's taken me hours and hours to get this far.  

Thanks for paying some attention to it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

All of your plans with the 5 lines have unlimited messaging. It could be an alternative for some of the calls. A simple text and then a call back from the 6th line ensures no surpris bills.  Also, most plans come with free evening and weekend calls, so that could help too. What I understood the 6th line is for your son so it was more important for him to be able to have the unlimited talk. Let me know how you would want to proceed Karin. The store should be able to help you switch to the $55 plan and the rest I will take care of.
Bernard wrote:

Thanks.  When we go back to the kiosk we'll make that change. 
I'll also review all of our plans to see where I can save a little more to help with the overall expenses.