Koodo Community
Solved

People unable to call my Koodo number

Hello,

I am with koodo. Recently, different people are having issues with calling my number. On android and on iPhone they are getting a call failed error message. Numerous people with different SIM cards have tried and the result is the same. I have already tried resetting my network settings and tried putting my SIM card into another phone (I have an S7, I swapped my SIM into an iPhone 7) but I am still getting the issue. Outgoing calls are ok, texting both ways is ok, the problem only occurs on incoming calls. What could it be?
icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 7 February 2019, 05:17

If the problem follows your SIM when you put it into another phone, 90%+ sure your SIM is bad and not properly acknowledging the incoming call request. If you are not too far away, take your phone & SIM to a Telus/Koodo booth and have them try your SIM and phone separately on store equipment known to be 100% functional.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If the problem follows your SIM when you put it into another phone, 90%+ sure your SIM is bad and not properly acknowledging the incoming call request. If you are not too far away, take your phone & SIM to a Telus/Koodo booth and have them try your SIM and phone separately on store equipment known to be 100% functional.
Badge +4
Hello,

I am with koodo. Recently, different people are having issues with calling my number. On android and on iPhone they are getting a call failed error message. Numerous people with different SIM cards have tried and the result is the same. I have already tried resetting my network settings and tried putting my SIM card into another phone (I have an S7, I swapped my SIM into an iPhone 7) but I am still getting the issue. Outgoing calls are ok, texting both ways is ok, the problem only occurs on incoming calls. What could it be?

Usually getting a "call failed" notification means there is a problem with the person trying to make the call and it's not the person who is being called. If there was a problem on your end I would think the call would go straight to your voicemail. Are you sure this is happening with all people trying to call you or just 1 person?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That's weird, Never heard of a problem like that. I'd wait for someone to chime in maybe they know what's up. If not, I'd contact the customer support.