Koodo Community

Community

parental sharing plan

have a plan for parents with children. the phones are all linked under 1 account, shareable data and time plan, that the parents can keep track of. this would make it easier to manage for parents

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Shareable airtime/data isn't something Koodo offers, nor should it be. It can lead to extremely bad high bills, something Koodo tries to avoid. You can have up to five active lines on an account & can review the usage of each line on Self Serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Shareable airtime/data isn't something Koodo offers, nor should it be. It can lead to extremely b...

I support any plan to share data, though I wouldn't limit this to a parental situation. I fail to see how it would lead to higher bills. And judging by the latest plan prices, I wouldn't say that Koodo's terribly interested in avoiding high bill prices.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Shareable airtime/data isn't something Koodo offers, nor should it be. It can lead to extremely b...

Customer A uses 1.5GB, Customer B uses 1.5GB, resulting a 1GB of data overages. Let's be honest here. Some customers do not keep track of their usage. Because they do not keep track of their usage, they will end up having "bill shock".
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Your example is relevant only to those that do not track their usage. With three ways to easily check your usage, Koodo isn't to blame for a customer's lack of vigilance. And if that's a typical scenario for customer A and B, they're clearly not on the right plans. Not keeping track of data usage can result in bill shock regardless of whether the data is shared or not. I still don't see how making data shareable would make things any different when it came to overage charges for the end user.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

I'm not saying Koodo is to blame. I'm simply saying data sharing will increase the amount of bill shock because data will be used much quicker. The smart thing is to leave it as is. Don't fix what isn't broken.
Userlevel 4
This has been brought up several times. This will not happen as of yet. I don't believe it is even under consideration.