Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Padfone2 does not seem to work with Koodo Sim

Padfone2 does not seem to work with Koodo Sim. After inserting Sim, it says No Service initially and after sometime shows Emergency Calls only option I tried turning off mobile data but still see the same thing

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Is it unlocked?
Userlevel 4
Did you confirm that phone is compatible with Koodo? http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-c.shtml Mobile data has nothing to do with the overall connection.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure you don't have it set to 2g or GSM Only
Userlevel 4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Being in tech support, you would think I would remember to add that to my posts hahaha.
Userlevel 7

LOL another star for paul, totally slipped my mind
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let us know if you get it working and what solved your problem so we can help others possibly with your same issue using the padfone series of devices. The KS
Userlevel 6
Did you input the Koodo APN?
Userlevel 4
Ugh...it would be great if a response is posted. I hate when this happens....
same... i need help...
Userlevel 7
Daniel Li wrote:

same... i need help...

Here to help! If your question is about the padfone 2 compatibilty, then it would have to be a model that supports HSPA 850/1900. Once you figure out if your phone includes this, you need to get it unlocked. Cellunlocker.net or gsmliberty are pretty good 3rd party unlocking services. After all of this is done, it should work. I wish the OP of this thread responded to confirm...
Hey Guys, Unfortunately Padfone 2 does not work with Koodo. Even though the Koodo guys say that it would work but it doesn't work. I switched to Rogers and it works without any prob...