Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Out with the old, in with the new.


I recently lost the back to my old phone, which is way outdated anyways. I'm just wondering if the online price is the same as the in store price. I'm looking at the Nokia Lumia 520 and getting rid of a Samsung Evergreen (I know right?)

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Jen! yes the prices on the website match the store prices 🙂
Userlevel 6
The price online and in store are the same. However Tab medium and large are only available in-store, if you happen to need them,
Userlevel 6
Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason you're looking for the Lumia 520? Is it to get a 0$ device? If so, you might want to check with Koodo to see if you can possibly get a larger Tab so you can get a better device for 0$ like the Galaxy S3 or Nexus 4. Have you tried a Windows 8 device before? What do you do with your phone? Do you do a lot of "Social Media" stuff? Just wondering because in terms of Apps & customization, Windows Phone is pretty limited especially when compared to Android devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason you're looking for the Lumia 520? Is it to get ...

I disagree. You can get Netflix, Instagram, Skype, Viber, Soundhound, Whatsapp, Pandora, Slacker, TuneIn, Endomondo, YouTube, and many more "essential" apps, though a few are 3rd party (like Instagram and YouTube) for now. Plus free offline navigation for Canada and free Nokia Music with offline caching offer killer value. I think that the 520 is the only good device at this price point.
John Burke wrote:

Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason you're looking for the Lumia 520? Is it to get ...

I agree with Ivan, Low priced Windows Phones are great devices and outperform any low end Android devices. Plus the build quality is much better as well.
I'm now looking at the ace 2x. I'm on the spending limit prog. so i dont think I can go for a bigger tab. I am on a bit of a budget, so that would indeed be why I am looking at something cheaper. I'm also wondering if the store takes debit to pay for the phone, the 50$ that I will owe?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jen McCartney wrote:

I'm now looking at the ace 2x. I'm on the spending limit prog. so i dont think I can go for a big...

Definitely go for the Lumia 520 over the Ace. You won't regret it. If you want to go with Android, I don't recommend anything cheaper than the Nexus 4.
Userlevel 5
Jen McCartney wrote:

I'm now looking at the ace 2x. I'm on the spending limit prog. so i dont think I can go for a big...

Wise words. The Ace will bug and lag for you. I don't recommend Windows phone because of the application store and the limitations but that is entirely my opinion. Are you sure you don't want the Nexus 4?
Userlevel 6
Hi Jen, you should be able to use debit to pay for the phone in store. With the spending cap, you could get a Tab Medium, depending on your credit class. If you are eligible for the Tab M and you're ready for a better device, I suggest that you go for the Nexus 4: http://koo.do/nexus345. Enjoy your new phone 🙂 ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 1
With everyone trying to recommend or have you reconsider Nokia, it should be noted that with the new Microsoft acquisition, you should see more apps and such coming out for it soon. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2013/sep13/09-02announcementpr.aspx Its Blackberry you should steer clear from!
Userlevel 7
Lol some box stores sometimes run their own promotions so you should keep an eye on local flyers for sales. You might luck out. And because to each his own, I love the BlackBerry devices. And the Nokia phone is a solid device that we hear few if any complaints about. You can also use any of the prepaid koodo phones available at Walmart for between. 75-100$ on postpaid accounts just by throwing your existing sim in it and you're done.
Chad Burr wrote:

Lol some box stores sometimes run their own promotions so you should keep an eye on local flyers ...

Yeah, I saw a Lumia 520 at Wal-Mart for 119$ a few weeks ago on Prepaid 😉

Reply