Koodo Community

Community

October 2017: Is there a backlog to clear Friend Referral requests?

Userlevel 2
A friend referred me and Friday I obtained a new plan and phone number. I assume the Koodo rep entered the correct email addy used for the referral.

When I got home I applied for the referral. However, it's still in the "verifying" queue.  Is this normal?  I want to port my cell number over to Koodo but I am reluctant to do so unless I am certain the referral will be verified.

Any thoughts?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello,

I think it's verifying because it waits for you to pout the information. After it will become pending for aprooval or something like this.
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Hello,

I think it's verifying because it waits for you to pout the information. After it will be...

what information? I used the link and entered the phone number and email address.what else should I be doing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
you are suppose to use the link the your friend gave you to enter your email prior to activation.  if you did that you should be good.

Here are the refer a friend rules
https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/rules.pg
Userlevel 2
Dennis wrote:

you are suppose to use the link the your friend gave you to enter your email prior to activation....

Yes, that's what I did. I clicked on my friends link.

I have experienced things being "stuck" in general when processes should be automated. Typically, nless a human becomes involved it will stay in lala land forever. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The waiting time is 4-8 weeks if conditions are met (i.e. your accounts of both are still active and steps were followed) https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/rules.pg

Userlevel 2
I think you're confused on what I am asking. 

I am not concerned at this time when I get the credit, I am worried that my request is in limbo.

I reached out to my friend who sent out several referrals recently and he said that both he and his other friends got the "approved" status within a few hours to 24 hours max.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dwayne_888 wrote:

I am not concerned at this time when I get th...

Only a Koodo agent who has the access to the system can answer that. Because they mentioned 4-8 weeks waiting time, they technically have 4 weeks to answer your concern though.
Userlevel 2
Dwayne_888 wrote:

The waiting time of 4-8 weeks refers to the credit being processed, not the verification process to validate if the customer meets the referral criteria and they say they will respond in 3 days (or sooner).

I don't know where you get the 4 weeks response time to respond to inquires. If that's the case, I'll be going to the ombudsman because 4 weeks is an unreasonable amount of time to address any issues with the customer.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dwayne_888 wrote:

How long has it been?
Userlevel 2
Dwayne_888 wrote:

Two days since I sent in my request for them to look into the status of "verifying",

I was hoping by making a post I'd receive some input from others if they know of anyone else in a similar situation. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dwayne_888 wrote:

Accoridng to the rules, you need to "new customer has come back to tell us about their new Koodo phone number."
If you completed this, then I think the verifying is part of the 4-8 weeks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dwayne_888 wrote:

@M. Braums: I don't know where did you get the "approved" status in 24 hours is a normal. They didn't say any word "approved" in the rule. They didn't say they need to approved early and then wait 4-8 weeks to apply to any credits.  https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/rules.pg?_ga=2.182296225.721976701.1505003777-373822230....

What I am saying is, only a Koodo agent could answer your detail inquiry into how Koodo operates. Because it is 4-8 weeks for credit, then they could just answer "wait" for any inquiry, they don't have to answer if the offer is "approved" or not.
Userlevel 2
Dwayne_888 wrote:

I appreciate the dialogue guys...but we're all making assumptions and interpreting the Refer a Friend terms as we see fit. 

To be clear, I am mentioning the experiences from my friend who states the verification process does not take more than 24 hours. Whether my friend has a horseshoe implanted in his orofice, I am just letting you know what he told me. 😉

I don't see anywhere where it states the time-line for processing the verification for the "[i]new customer has come back to tell us about their new Koodo phone number" is 4-8 weeks. It appears you guys can't differentiate between receiving the credit on one's bill and the verification process to determine eligibility. If I am missing something, then please copy and paste the exact paragraph where it states the verification process can take 4-8 weeks. I am sure it will assist others should they have a similar issue. 

Additionally, I would like to hear from Koodo customers who have experience in "referring friends" and how long the verification process takes place. That would help me immensely. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dwayne_888 wrote:

Azure, once both party's have finished the required portions, the status changes to approved. From there, then it is 4-8 weeks of waiting for the credit. It may not say this officially in the rules but that is how it goes. The lack of approved tells you that the customers havent done their part of the referral yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dwayne_888 wrote:

@allan: I hope you read my post. I never said they didn't read approved 🙂 What I said was, Koodo didn't write  when they had to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dwayne_888 wrote:

"they don't have to answer if the offer is "approved" or not." I took it that way, maybe it was just too early in the morning. Just wanted to make sure you knew! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dwayne_888 wrote:

@Allan, ofc I knew, good morning btw.
Userlevel 2
Dwayne_888 wrote:

The lack of approved tells you that the customers havent done their part of the referral yet.

@Allan...not true. In my case, there was just a delay in the first step (verification process).  The verification process is either approved or denied. 
Userlevel 2
I just noticed something which might have screwed up the referral.

A[i]s the person being referred, there are three things you need to do:
    [i]Redeem the offer (by entering your name and email address into the referral system) [i]before[i] you activate your service with Koodo.  [i]Then buy a phone or SIM card and activate on a postpaid rate plan. [i]After activation, your need to come back to the referral system and provide your new and active Koodo phone number.
I was not given the option (1) to enter my name and email before I activate service. The only option was to enter my email address and new phone number from the refer's link.  
Userlevel 2
Just an update. The Friend Referral verification process completed later this evening.