Koodo Community
Question

Number Porting issues from Fido.

• 3 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Just activated a BYOD plan through Koodo & I’ve ported my number over from Fido. 

Now in my Koodo account it shows the ported number (number from Fido), although sim provided by Koodo (which is now in my device) is not the number that I ported over (and it’s different than the original number Koodo provided me). 

(To re-iterate:)

I ported number “Apples”, now my Koodo account show the number “Apples” but the sim (from Koodo) is “Oranges”… 

I keep getting disconnected from Koodo reps… and this problem seems hard for them to comprehend as I’ve had to explain this to a rep for more than 10 minutes before … they said they understood… but then I get disconnected.

I’m trying to maintain composure although I would be lying if I was to say that I’m not getting slightly annoyed. 

Not-impressed

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just activated a BYOD plan through Koodo & I’ve ported my number over from Fido. 

Now in my Koodo account it shows the ported number (number from Fido), although sim provided by Koodo (which is now in my device) is not the number that I ported over (and it’s different than the original number Koodo provided me). 

(To re-iterate:)

I ported number “Apples”, now my Koodo account show the number “Apples” but the sim (from Koodo) is “Oranges”… 

I keep getting disconnected from Koodo reps… and this problem seems hard for them to comprehend as I’ve had to explain this to a rep for more than 10 minutes before … they said they understood… but then I get disconnected.

I’m trying to maintain composure although I would be lying if I was to say that I’m not getting slightly annoyed. 

Not-impressed

Did you restart your phone after porting over to Koodo?

Restarted the phone, reset the network, powered down removed the sim waited 5+ minutes… 

I finally got someone at Koodo that is descent and their actually helping me sort this issue out. Although it’s been roughly 1.5 hours and they’ve still not sorted out the issue.

They’re saying it’s a network issue with the port (something technical).