Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Number porting from PC Mobile

Hello, I am a PC mobile prepaid client, and I need to keep my number when switching over to Koodo. I do not have a client number. What other info is acceptable when I ask for porting the number? Thanks all for your help. With kind regards, Thierry

4 replies

http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/moving-your-number-to-koodo-new/how-do-i-move-my-number-to-koodo or call 1-866-995-6636 to see if prepaid are elegible to be transferred as well
Userlevel 6
Are you trying to port online? If not, and you have a Koodo shop close by just go to them and they will take care of everything for you. Maybe a print-out of your PC account from online would be helpful for them to verify. Plus some ID to match.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The IMEI or MEID number of the phone used with PC mobile would be acceptable information to complete the port. You can find this info on the sticker in the battery compartment or by dialing *#06# on any sim card based phone.
Userlevel 7
Actually you do have an account #/client #/BAN/whatever with PC Mobile, but because you don't get any bills/statements for being on prepaid, you probably don't know what it is or have never seen it. If you call customer service they can provide it to you after confirming some security questions. The old phone's IMEI/ESN/MEID/etc. will also work, but usually the account # is the safest, guaranteed option. If it's a SIM card phone, use the dialer code that Timo provided. If it's CDMA (no SIM card), then take out the battery compartment and look for a serial #. There's probably several, including DEC HEX or MEID HEX or something along those lines. The one you need has the first 6 digits starting with A00000. Yes I've ported out and activated a few PC mobile prepaid phones in my day lol