Koodo Community

Nuisance calls

• 13 August 2020
  • 7 replies

I'm getting a lot of nuisance calls in my voicemail lately. Is there a way to know the caller's number, and then to block it?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Brian,

From your Self serve account you can add a feature called Call control. Call Control  is free of charge and allows customers to reduce the amount of SPAM callers they receive, by challenging incoming callers to enter a randomly generated number (0-9), which the caller must press on their keypad before the call can be connected.

If the calls are made from a specific phone number, try to save it as a contact and after that you can block it from the settings of your device. 

Also, you can Register on the National do not call list to reduce telemarketing call.  

If the threatening calls won’t stop, please contact the police.

All the best,

Helen

Thanks, that sounds good.  Where is ‘Call Control’ in the prepaid self serve web pages? Or is that feature not available in the prepaid sector?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks, that sounds good.  Where is ‘Call Control’ in the prepaid self serve web pages? Or is that feature not available in the prepaid sector?

Unfortunately, for the moment is available only for postpaid. 

That makes us sad. We registered on the DNC list years ago, but the telemarketers and politicians and criminals aren’t stopped by it.

:slight_frown:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There are software methods of blocking calls. This article has a rather comprehensive guide for many Android phones (and a link to an iPhone guide as well). 

Thanks, but I don’t know the offending caller’s number. Koodo’s Call Manager seems like it should work, but it isn’t available unless I sign up for a postpaid account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you don’t know the number because it doesn’t show up for example you can block unknown numbers on your phone either through the settings or various apps.